Dynamite to make major announcement at Emerald City Comic Con this weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamite to make major announcement at Emerald City Comic Con this weekend

...according to BleedingCool.com, said announcement will involve "a major writer, on a major franchise character"...

Let the speculation begin. Oooohh, what could it be? And is it a franchise that Dynamite already publishes, or a completely new (to DE) one?

Or when the announcement is revealed (this weekend, March 1-3, 2013), will I even care? After all, one fan's "major" writer or franchise is another fan's "Eh. Oh, is that all?"

Check back in a few days to find out!
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

geoff johns is coming to do Thundarr for DE!

Comment

Originally posted by comichero View Post
      ...or Brian Michael Bendis doing Blue Falcon and Dynomutt.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

At this point (the New 52) Johns makes me shudder, and Bendis has since Avengers Disassembled.

That said, I am very curious to see. Grant Morrison? Alan Moore? Neil Gaiman?

Comment

I don't expect this is what's being announced, but I'd buy this:

...I liked the look of and the ideas to THUNDARR THE BARBARIAN, but never got to see it much. I'd still like to write a THUNDARR comic someday, though...
          --Kurt Busiek on his Formspring

Comment

Or Dan Slott on The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley. Hell, if you'd told me a year ago that IDW would be publishing My Little Pony, I'd have laughed my ass off.

Comment

By major writer they could mean someone well known but who isn't a massive superstar, like a Ron Marz or a writer who happened to write a major character for a while like the guy who's writing The Shadow right now or something. Maybe it's another Ennis book, or maybe it's going to have to do with the mystery writer for Project Superpowers?

Lot's of stuff to speculate on.
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I would buy that up in a heartbeat!

Comment

FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!!

Announced at Emerald City Comicon, comic book creator Gail Simone is taking over as writer for Dynamite Entertainment's "Red Sonja" ongoing series this July...

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                    FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!!

Announced at Emerald City Comicon, comic book creator Gail Simone is taking over as writer for Dynamite Entertainment's "Red Sonja" ongoing series this July...
                    Eh. Oh, is that all? Gail Simone. Big whoop.

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
                      What, really? I think she's excellent. Different tastes, I guess...

Comment

Well, she's on the same level (i.e. mid-range) in terms of commercial clout and followers as about 30 other writers in the industry. But because she's a woman in an industry where that is still unusual, she seems to get a lot of fan-media attention, particularly when working on female characters. Frustrating to me as a reader, because while she throws in bits and pieces that really interest me, she inevitably goes off on some tangent that I don't care for, and focuses on those elements that I'm least interested in. Eventually I just gave up on her.

Comment

I'd say it's pretty big news-and pretty good news, too. Gail has been one of DC's better writers for some years, I loved her work on Secret Six and Birds of Prey.

Comment

Big whoop, indeed. This is a huge gain for Dynamite to get someone of her level to write a character that has been on the decline. I'm sure she'll do a great job and yank in some new readers to Dynamite as a whole, I'm happy she's here and I wish her the best.

Just because you may not be a fan of hers does not mean that others aren't and won't be.
                            Dynamite Entertainment
                            Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

It is a big deal. Gail is a fan favorite and I would estimate one of DC's top commodities. Batgirl is one of their top selling books at the moment and I've been following her since her very beloved Birds of Prey and Secret Six runs.

Comment

Working...
                              X