Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAIL SIMONE ON RED SONJA STARTING IN JULY!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/?attachment_id=243669

everybody check it out!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Simon Bowland View Post
    July solicits have been online for a couple of weeks now:
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...namitejuly.htm
    THANK YOU!! I will hie myself there straightaway!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    July solicits have been online for a couple of weeks now:
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...namitejuly.htm

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well, I hope it's available online soon...

Leave a comment:

• positronic
    replied
    Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
    Actually, I mean why they aren't available around the 18th like they were last month--I never use the printed Previews.
    Well, I'd say that's entirely dependent on where you're looking. Unlike say, Dynamite's own website or the Diamond PREVIEWS subsite, comic book "news" sites are entirely subjective when it comes to what is or isn't considered "news" -- it's all relative to whatever else is happening in the world of comics and "comics related" (movies, etc.) events. Since Dynamite is a small publisher, their relative importance to YOU isn't necessarily consistent with the relative importance of the news of the day to whatever website happens to be posting news stories. Like, maybe it got downgraded in relative importance if the new trailer for IRON MAN 3 was released the same week. It's not like you can complain about it either, since you're not paying anything for the information. They run whatever news items they feel like running.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by positronic View Post
    If you're asking why they aren't simultaneously available on the Solicitations page of Dynamite's own website
    Actually, I mean why they aren't available around the 18th like they were last month--I never use the printed Previews.

Leave a comment:

• positronic
    replied
    By the way, where the heck are Dynamite's July solicits??
    Right where they always are, in the Diamond PREVIEWS catalog that shipped to comic shops last week.

If you're asking why they aren't simultaneously available on the Solicitations page of Dynamite's own website, well, that's a good question. I would suggest you ask the webmaster directly by emailing Dynamite. Since I work part time in a comic shop, I don't bother googling with my goo-goo-googly eyes all over the interwebs looking for these things, I just sit there patiently until the print catalog comes in on the last Wednesday of every month.

In my fantasy world, if I am a comic publisher, I make sure the webmaster of my site gets the solicits well before Diamond has a chance to send them to the printer. In fact, I would strongly suggest to said webmaster that he set up a link for interested fans to sign up for an email list of the solicits for my company every month. This is obviously a dumb (or otherwise completely unworkable) idea, since nobody (not just Dynamite) seems to be doing it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    By the way, where the heck are Dynamite's July solicits??

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Not that I've seen, but I'm just trying to get a sense of the order the stories are set in.

Leave a comment:

• positronic
    replied
    I read something that suggested it was in her pre-meeting-Conan days, and I've assumed all of the other stories are set after she met Conan.
    This may ALSO be a dumb question -- has Dynamite's Red Sonja (the new stories, not the reprints) referenced Conan in ANY way (by which I assume would not be by actual name or likeness)?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Ah, I see! Dumb question--where in Dynamite's Red Sonja continuity does your run take place? Is it before issue #1 of the 75-issue series? I read something that suggested it was in her pre-meeting-Conan days, and I've assumed all of the other stories are set after she met Conan.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Wait, already? You're on till #75, right?
    Yes, which I wrapped up a couple months ago.

-E

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by eric_trautmann View Post
    Alas, I'm not working on any Red Sonja at the moment. My run's over.

-E
    Wait, already? You're on till #75, right?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by brickbutler View Post
    Eric- I love the old twilight zone episodes, and will try to track it down. (Theeeeere's something on the wing! Some.....THING!!) I would also like to read the story "Steel" one day, but I would rather read some awesome Red Sonja tales! By the way- you still working on that Red Sonja survival horror story I requested? Please?
    Alas, I'm not working on any Red Sonja at the moment. My run's over.

-E

Leave a comment:

• positronic
    replied
    Last one, I promise...

The Matheson story was recently reprinted in a mass-market paperback, along with some of his other short stories:

STEEL and Other Stories by Richard Matheson

Click image for larger version

Name:	STEEL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	48772

Leave a comment:

Working...
X