Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAIL SIMONE ON RED SONJA STARTING IN JULY!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by positronic View Post
    If you're asking why they aren't simultaneously available on the Solicitations page of Dynamite's own website
    Actually, I mean why they aren't available around the 18th like they were last month--I never use the printed Previews.

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
      Actually, I mean why they aren't available around the 18th like they were last month--I never use the printed Previews.
      Well, I'd say that's entirely dependent on where you're looking. Unlike say, Dynamite's own website or the Diamond PREVIEWS subsite, comic book "news" sites are entirely subjective when it comes to what is or isn't considered "news" -- it's all relative to whatever else is happening in the world of comics and "comics related" (movies, etc.) events. Since Dynamite is a small publisher, their relative importance to YOU isn't necessarily consistent with the relative importance of the news of the day to whatever website happens to be posting news stories. Like, maybe it got downgraded in relative importance if the new trailer for IRON MAN 3 was released the same week. It's not like you can complain about it either, since you're not paying anything for the information. They run whatever news items they feel like running.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Well, I hope it's available online soon...

Comment

July solicits have been online for a couple of weeks now:
          http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...namitejuly.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bowland View Post
            July solicits have been online for a couple of weeks now:
            http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...namitejuly.htm
            THANK YOU!! I will hie myself there straightaway!!

Comment

http://www.bleedingcool.com/?attachment_id=243669

everybody check it out!

Comment

Ah, I see! Dumb question--where in Dynamite's Red Sonja continuity does your run take place? Is it before issue #1 of the 75-issue series? I read something that suggested it was in her pre-meeting-Conan days, and I've assumed all of the other stories are set after she met Conan.
                I've certainly not been cagey about that. As far as I'M concerned, issues #51-#75 all take place prior to Sonja's first meeting with Conan.

You may note I used a device, referencing as "lost" Nemedian Chronicle; I did that deliberately. My run is a sort of cul de sac that concludes with a definite reference to "The Song of Red Sonja" issue; so, my stuff is "prequel," which feeds directly into the Marvel stuff, which then feeds into Dynamite's take on the character starting with issue #0.

It's all a big circle.

-E

Comment

Aha! So then the proper order of the Dynamite series would be 51-75, 0, 1-50? (or 51-75, 0, 1-7, and 50 if one, like me, wants to avoid all the Queen Sonja-related stuff)
                  Last edited by ChastMastr; 05-01-2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Aha! So then the proper order of the Dynamite series would be 51-75, 0, 1-50? (or 51-75, 0, 1-7, and 50 if one, like me, wants to avoid all the Queen Sonja-related stuff)
                    I guess, technically after 75, you've got her Marvel Conan and solo books, THEN #0, but essentially, yes.

-E

Comment

This new series, I assume is replacing the current one. What number does the current series end with?

Comment

Originally posted by Kloot View Post
                        What number does the current series end with?
                        I presume #81 will be the last since issue #80 is titled 'The Crimson Well' part 5 (of 6). (source here [midtowncomics.com])

BTW, four sample interior pics from the new #1 have been posted here [dynamite.net].

Comment

#80 will be the final issue.

Comment

Originally posted by eric_trautmann View Post
                            I guess, technically after 75, you've got her Marvel Conan and solo books, THEN #0, but essentially, yes.

-E
                            Hooray! Thank you!

And now another question for you or anyone who might know...

With the full knowledge that the Dark Horse Conan is not at all the same approach as Marvel's... assuming that one were to imagine that "Song of Red Sonja" was taking place in the Dark Horse Conan series, or in the timeline of the original Conan stories they are trying very hard to follow... where might that wind up going?

(Yes, yes, yes, I know, I put my Dynamite Red Sonja and my Dark Horse Conan/Kull/etc. all together, please don't judge me...)

Comment

the marvel Song of Red Sonja storyline took place when Conan was very young. He was maybe...18 at the youngest......and.....21 years old at most? Conan had just started traveling, was seeing what all Hyboria had to offer, and was doing mercenary work at the time. Sonja herself was also very young......probably 18. In the original story, Conan was very green and impulsive. This would be the "comic conan/kull/red sonja timeline"

AS A SIDE NOTE:
                              Just always keep in the back of your mind that the official Conan the Barbarian timeline is based off of the original Howard stories from the 1930's. And always will be. If you wish to ignore the original CONAN CANON, and create one you are more happy with, by all means do so. You certainly wouldnt be the first! Just be aware that the original stories didn't include Red Sonja, and they are the official Conan timeline. (Howard himself did not create a timeline for the fans, nor did he write the original stories in chronological order)

Comment

Hooray! Thank you!

And now another question for you or anyone who might know...

With the full knowledge that the Dark Horse Conan is not at all the same approach as Marvel's... assuming that one were to imagine that "Song of Red Sonja" was taking place in the Dark Horse Conan series, or in the timeline of the original Conan stories they are trying very hard to follow... where might that wind up going?

(Yes, yes, yes, I know, I put my Dynamite Red Sonja and my Dark Horse Conan/Kull/etc. all together, please don't judge me...)
                                would you be interested in starting a new thread and cobbling together a marvel/dark horse/ dynamite entertainment timeline just for fun, were we on this forum decide what stories to include and what order to put them in? Because I WOULD like to do that, just for fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X