Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAIL SIMONE ON RED SONJA STARTING IN JULY!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by positronic View Post
    I'm kind of surprised to see comments from people who have never even heard of her. Even though to me, I never considered her a "big name", she's been around long enough and done more than a couple of things. I guess it just goes to show that Dynamite doesn't necessarily find its readers all from the ranks of (current or former) Marvel and DC readers. Although in this case, I guess it would be just DC, since I'm unaware myself of any work Simone may have done for Marvel. I would surmise that Olde Sonja Fan (from his username) goes back to the Marvel era Red Sonja, and maybe hasn't read a lot of recent comics other than DE's Red Sonja.
    I do not read alot of comics anymore, which is why I had never heard of Gail Simone. But do I know comic writers from the 80's and 90's? off the top of my head:
    david michiline, roger stern, todd mcfarlane, tom defalco, and stan lee on amazing spiderman..............peter david on Hulk........larry hama on wolverine.......... frank miller on dark knight returns........roy thomas on red sonja/ Conan the Barbarian.........and the guy who did the original Punisher comic from the late 80's.........I cannot think of his name but he did like the first 20 or 30 issues in a row before other writers took over.

I may have never heard of gail simone, but she has an opportunity to make me a fan by writing some bada$$ Red Sonja stories!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Olde Sonja Fan View Post
    Brickbutler, where did you find that interview? I've not heard of Gail Simone, and the thought of yet another DE Sonja (this will make at least 5) in the hands of an unknown makes me nervous.
    it was up on the dynamite home page for a couple of days back in march. But if you google "gail simone red sonja" you can easily find the article

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The covers for issue #1 have been revealed [comicvine.com].

Notice the lack of the subtitle "She-Devil with a Sword."

Leave a comment:

• positronic
    replied
    I'm kind of surprised to see comments from people who have never even heard of her. Even though to me, I never considered her a "big name", she's been around long enough and done more than a couple of things. I guess it just goes to show that Dynamite doesn't necessarily find its readers all from the ranks of (current or former) Marvel and DC readers. Although in this case, I guess it would be just DC, since I'm unaware myself of any work Simone may have done for Marvel. I would surmise that Olde Sonja Fan (from his username) goes back to the Marvel era Red Sonja, and maybe hasn't read a lot of recent comics other than DE's Red Sonja.
    Last edited by positronic; 04-08-2013, 02:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by brickbutler View Post
    after reading the gail simone interview, and searching the web for some of her past work (I had never heard of her before), I am very excited for whats going to come this summer for ol' Red. This gail person said alot of things I, as a fan, wanted to hear. Definitely pre ordering this asap.

although to be honest, I would buy this regardless, because I buy all of walter geovani's red sonja comics, because his art is great!
    Brickbutler, where did you find that interview? I've not heard of Gail Simone, and the thought of yet another DE Sonja (this will make at least 5) in the hands of an unknown makes me nervous.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Walter Geovani View Post
    Thank you very much!It means a lot to me
    Walter, count me in as another of your fans. As far as I'm concerned you're the best Red Sonja artist since Boris and Dick Giordano. I've been a fan of Red's since she was a gleam in Roy Thomas' eye, (have every Marvel comic with her in it to prove it, too) so have seen a lot of Sonja art, and much of it very good indeed. You get much better and she'll be jumping out of the comic and into my living room, that's how alive your work is - cover or inside. Wishing you a long, successful, and satisfying run!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am really looking forward to this! I have enjoyed Batgirl, though of late it has gotten a bit too dark for my tastes.

Red Sonja is a character I am kind of all over the place on. Used to occasionally pick up when Marvel had it, Queen Sonja was an occasional buy, Atlantas Rises mini was alright, but I am really looking forward to a Red Sonja book that has a sense of direction!

Dynamite is doing great things! Cant wait for July!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Awesome.

Way to go, Dynamite.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Leah and I are so excited about this. Amazing news!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by brickbutler View Post
    after reading the gail simone interview, and searching the web for some of her past work (I had never heard of her before), I am very excited for whats going to come this summer for ol' Red. This gail person said alot of things I, as a fan, wanted to hear. Definitely pre ordering this asap.

although to be honest, I would buy this regardless, because I buy all of walter geovani's red sonja comics, because his art is great!
    Thank you very much!It means a lot to me

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by comichero View Post
    sorry I mean the last 30 something Red Sonja issues into a few GN?
    The trades go up to issue #60, so they're only 13 issues behind the monthly book.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    sorry I mean the last 30 something Red Sonja issues into a few GN?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    It's been announced that the series is rebooting with issue #1, which is believed to be a reboot and not a continuation.
    So i guess that means we will never get the final 20+ something issues of this series put into a graphic novel to complete my set?

Leave a comment:

• comixfan1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Largo View Post
    Here [comicbookdb.com] is a bio and list of comics she's written for those unfamiliar with her work.

I'm guessing her first RS issue will be around #82.
    It's been announced that the series is rebooting with issue #1, which is believed to be a reboot and not a continuation.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Here [comicbookdb.com] is a bio and list of comics she's written for those unfamiliar with her work.

I'm guessing her first RS issue will be around #82.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X