The Lone Ranger #12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lone Ranger #12

Last night I finished reading the Lone Ranger #12... So far this has been my favourite arc of the new series, bringing Tonto forward from the sidekick he'd become to the mentor and partner he was initially introduced as in the original Dynamite limited series (as well as highly reminiscent of Dell's Tonto comics). What do other folks out their think?

Ande Parks has given us fantastic stories. His history is well researched. I feel he really cares about the characters.

Comment

CEO/Publisher

Guys,

Thanks for noticing how much hard work Ande puts in to the title. He's giving it his all, and seeing positive posts is refreshing.

best!

Nick

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, Boss! And thanks to you other guys, as well. I hope our book is accessible to new readers, but pleasing hardcore Lone Ranger fans really pleases me. I was a little worried about an arc that so focused on Tonto, but I'm very proud of the results. Probably my favorite writing work of mine, thus far. And, we have a great art team on the book.

Hope you guys stay tuned for a couple of stand-alone stories and then a four issue arc that takes our heroes to Chicago.

Best,
        Anj

Comment

I like the single issue stories. I wish there were more of them. Not necessarily every issue, but more like evenly balanced with the longer arcs. Sometimes it seems like the complete-in-one-issue story is almost a forgotten art in today's comics, and that's a shame.
          Last edited by positronic; 03-13-2013, 01:52 PM.
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
            I like the single issue stories. I wish there were more of them. Not necessarily every issue, but more like evenly balanced with the longer arcs. Sometimes it seems like the complete-in-one-issue story is almost a forgotten art in today's comics, and that's a shame.
            I heartily agree. I've got a friend in his 40s whoose a new-ish comic reader (I say new-ish as he read the odd graphic novel here and there, but never started collecting series till after seeing the Avengers). One of the biggest things he keeps asking is "where do I start?" Even an Issue 1 these days isn't necessarily the start of a story... I think the Lone Ranger single-issue-stories have something of an advantage in providing a "saddle up" point for new readers...

Comment

Working...
            X