Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickybdynamite View Post
    Hi Postitronic,

We did approach on Mr. Monster, but it didn't come together.

Hopefully down the line.

best!

Nick
    For what it's worth, let me second the opinion that this would be quite awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
      For what it's worth, let me second the opinion that this would be quite awesome.
      It would be cool if Dynamite could get it, or anyone. Dark Horse seems to be slowly adding to its stable of pulp/golden age characters, with Lobster Johnson, Black Beetle, and Captain Midnight, so maybe they could take another shot at Mr. Monster as well. Seems like he would fit right in with that group.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
        It would be cool if Dynamite could get it, or anyone. Dark Horse seems to be slowly adding to its stable of pulp/golden age characters, with Lobster Johnson, Black Beetle, and Captain Midnight, so maybe they could take another shot at Mr. Monster as well. Seems like he would fit right in with that group.
        I guess the character appeared in Dark Horse Presents a couple of years ago. Did you pick those up? I only found out about it recently so I whiffed on it at the time. I was hoping for a compilation but I don't know of one.

Comment

I guess the character appeared in Dark Horse Presents a couple of years ago. Did you pick those up? I only found out about it recently so I whiffed on it at the time. I was hoping for a compilation but I don't know of one.
          Mr. Monster's anthology appearances are a little confusing. He's appeared in a lot of them, but some stories turn out to be reprints of earlier stories. I really haven't done the research to make a checklist, but I guess I ought to. With DHP, I'm usually depending on them reprinting the shorts in a one-shot standalone issue.
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Duane Swierczynski was on Birds of Prey, eh?

Hmmm...

Comment

Duane Swierczynski was on Birds of Prey, eh?

Hmmm...
              Yes, and Jeff Parker is also writing Batman '66... and Steve Niles has plenty of time to kill while waiting for Bernie Wrightson to finish drawing an issue of Frankenstein Alive, Alive!

Comment

Yes, and Jeff Parker is also writing Batman '66... and Steve Niles has plenty of time to kill while waiting for Bernie Wrightson to finish drawing an issue of Frankenstein Alive, Alive!
                I had just written about Masquerade in another topic. I was picturing Swierczynski writing something similar for Dynamite. If Owl indeed will gateway into something of a PSP universal revival, I was imagining something along the lines of Sisters Scarlet.

I'm hopeful that they're all signed up for PSP projects. NickyB once said he wanted to relaunch it with recognizable talent, if I recall correctly.

Comment

Michael T. Gilbert. I would kill to see a Mr. Monster book again, and he doesn't seem to be tied down with work for some other company (except for his regular feature in TwoMorrows' Alter Ego magazine). Seems like Mr. Monster would fit right in with the whole pulp/golden age character thing that Dynamite is turning into a regular genre.
                  Gilbert is doing some Mr. Monster over in Dark Horse Presents.

Comment

How about a talent that has worked for Dynamite already - Nigel Raynor?

Comment

James Robinson!!

Comment

Working...
                      X