NuBlood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NuBlood

I was sitting on hot coals to get my hands on that one.
    Linear interpolation: the parody of Twilight (utter crap) was brilliant, the parody of
    Buffy (brilliant) was lame, so the parody of TrueBlood (quite good) would be
    quite mediocre? Luckily not. That's what cubic splines are for, dudes

Political satire and inner logic combined to a very fitting ending (although, a
    supergenius like me saw it coming along miles ago ). Good that the writer
    didn't even bother to shoehorn the parodied characters into their usual
    TrueBlood roles. It still was convincing. (And now: the weather.)
    Bonus for use of the good old Vampirella-is-no-vampire-oopsie-there-goes-the-villain
    trope. They never learn

Not perfect, but lulz were had. It's a 4 of 5 or so.

Splines are unstable.

This was just okay for me. And help me out with this: in the climactic scene, when Vampi is chained and Criswell is being attacked by the Eric character, it looks like she cuts Criswell's head off by flicking the chain at him. In the next panel, he is kneeling with his neck protected by the coiled chain, but in the previous panel, his head's coming off his shoulders in a massive gush of blood. Looked like a colossal artistic mistake at worst, a really confusing action scene at best.

Comment

Originally posted by rlvaugh View Post
      And help me out with this: in the climactic scene, when Vampi is chained and Criswell is being attacked by the Eric character, it looks like she cuts Criswell's head off by flicking the chain at him. In the next panel, he is kneeling with his neck protected by the coiled chain, but in the previous panel, his head's coming off his shoulders in a massive gush of blood. Looked like a colossal artistic mistake at worst, a really confusing action scene at best.
      Look at the colors of the shirts. T'ain't Criswell , that's Vampiric Cannon Fodder #1 . Criswell kneels already in the panel named by you. HTH

Comment

Okay, I see it. Criswell put the chain on his own neck. But I've got another one: aren't those vampires holding the ends of the silver chains around Vampi? I mean, to quote Family Guy, they've got little fangs. Shouldn't they be melting?

Comment

Originally posted by rlvaugh View Post
          Okay, I see it. Criswell put the chain on his own neck. But I've got another one: aren't those vampires holding the ends of the silver chains around Vampi? I mean, to quote Family Guy, they've got little fangs. Shouldn't they be melting?
          Uhm, flesh-colored silver-proof protection gloves?
          Yeah, yeah, that's the outcome when you don't let the fanboys proofread the plot first
          (But what kinda annoys me is that Sookie, eh, Spooky can mind-read vampires.
          Completely unnecessarily alteration.)

Comment

Working...
          X