Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new Lone Ranger comics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • new Lone Ranger comics?

    just curious, will there be any new Lone Ranger comics out soon? with the movie coming out in a few months i had hopes we would see some new material.

  • #2
    Somebody already asked about LR comic tie-ins to the movie in another thread. While there was no official reply from Nick B., somebody pointed out that it's a Disney flick, so those specific comics might more likely appear from Marvel, like with the John Carter movie tie-ins.

    The regular ongoing Dynamite Lone Ranger comic book is still appearing with regularity.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by positronic View Post
      Somebody already asked about LR comic tie-ins to the movie in another thread. While there was no official reply from Nick B., somebody pointed out that it's a Disney flick, so those specific comics might more likely appear from Marvel, like with the John Carter movie tie-ins.

      The regular ongoing Dynamite Lone Ranger comic book is still appearing with regularity.
      the Marvel thing makes sense. i was just thinking back to when the Green Hornet film was out there were tons of comics from Dynamite. in fact there were so many it was hard for me to keep up.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
        the Marvel thing makes sense. i was just thinking back to when the Green Hornet film was out there were tons of comics from Dynamite. in fact there were so many it was hard for me to keep up.
        And also hard to get into the Green Hornet (i.e. WTF do I get!), so I'm kinda glad there's only one TLR comic out there at the moment... That said, I'd love to see (or write, lol) a Tonto series. Oh no... floodgates opening!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nonefornic View Post
          And also hard to get into the Green Hornet (i.e. WTF do I get!)
          Well, one way to approach that would be to just get the "original" (or Golden Age) Green Hornet: Green Hornet Year One (2 trade paperbacks, 4 if you count the 2 Kato Origins spinoff TPBs), Masks, Mark Waid's Green Hornet (one issue so far), and the upcoming The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights miniseries.

          Then there's the "modern" Green Hornet, variously titled as Kevin Smith's Green Hornet, Green Hornet, and Green Hornet Legacy (36 issues so far). The rest of the various GH series are pretty disposable, IMO.
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by positronic View Post
            Well, one way to approach that would be to just get the "original" (or Golden Age) Green Hornet: Green Hornet Year One (2 trade paperbacks, 4 if you count the 2 Kato Origins spinoff TPBs), Masks, Mark Waid's Green Hornet (one issue so far), and the upcoming The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights miniseries.

            Then there's the "modern" Green Hornet, variously titled as Kevin Smith's Green Hornet, Green Hornet, and Green Hornet Legacy (36 issues so far). The rest of the various GH series are pretty disposable, IMO.
            Hmmm... again, it would be nice to have "something" close to that much range with the Ranger...

            Comment

            Working...
            X