Neves #29

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neves #29

With Dynamite's policy of generic cover art, I rarely feel compelled to comment, but Fabiano Neves's cover to Vampirella 29 is sensational! He managed to make it interesting and intriguing while keeping it generic. The hole in the floor, the cross, Vampi's expression...I really want to know what's going. And Vampirella's smouldering, supernatural beauty is enough to rival Gonzalez. I'm glad he doesn't do the interiors.. if they didn't kill me they'd leave me too spoiled to ever enjoy anyone else.

Who am I kidding?! GOD I'D LIKE TO SEE HIM DO THE INTERIORS!!!

Generic cover art?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If by "generic" you mean the best in the industry, than yeah. It's pretty generic.

Comment

I meant, not tied to the story inside. Interchangeable.

Comment

Originally posted by rlvaugh View Post
        With Dynamite's policy of generic cover art, I rarely feel compelled to comment, but Fabiano Neves's cover to Vampirella 29 is sensational!
        I'm glad you clarified what you meant by generic . Yeah a lot of covers on DE titles don't go with the story, mainly Iconic poses. In my opinion all of the Covers for #29 were good, My favorite is the Lucio Parrillo though. I had a choise of the 3 main covers and when I saw Parillo's I said to myself "&*%$ing right!". Yeah he didn't do half of Vampi but that pose is awesome, the wings and the crazy fingernails.

To me, the base idea of "Vampirella" can be summaraized in the dichotomy that in my opinon Parillo nailed.
        That is the contrast of her better qualities such as honor, strength with her , what would traditionally be considered negative traits...she is a monster vampire/demon.

I think she looks sexy, proud and unsettling at the same time.

Comment

Working...
        X