Red Sonja 75

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sonja 75

Eric Trautmann, if you're reading this ...

Great end to a thoughtful, character-driven series that felt genuinely Hyborian. Loved the revival of the Hyrkania-Turan grudge.

I know Gail Simone's on her way (and i can't freaking WAIT!) but there are some great Sonja stories being told right now because of you.

Ps. come back and write a one-shot or something

Originally posted by ZACH View Post
    Eric Trautmann, if you're reading this ...

Great end to a thoughtful, character-driven series that felt genuinely Hyborian. Loved the revival of the Hyrkania-Turan grudge.

I know Gail Simone's on her way (and i can't freaking WAIT!) but there are some great Sonja stories being told right now because of you.

Ps. come back and write a one-shot or something
    A satisfied reader. I should have you bronzed.

Glad you enjoyed it. I really had a good time writing Sonja, and would happily write more should the opportunity present itself.

Best,

-E

Comment

CEO/Publisher

I want to thank Eric as well for being an important part of Sonja's legacy.

Thanks man.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nickybdynamite View Post
        I want to thank Eric as well for being an important part of Sonja's legacy.

Thanks man.

Nick
        It has been a genuine honor.

-E

Comment

Originally posted by eric_trautmann View Post
          It has been a genuine honor.

-E
          It was an honor for me to work with you on the book
          I can´t wait to read Lady Rawhide.I know you´re gonna do a great job!

Comment

Finally got caught up on 72 -75 and I must say "Bravo!" Thanks to Eric Trautmann for a wonderful run. I loved seeing Wurkest again. My favorite Conan stories was the ones where he had memorable and reoccurring allies. Not just 'one and done' allies. Although I am looking forward to Gail's run, hopefully Eric can return someday to the world of Red Sonja.

Comment

CEO/Publisher

Zach,

When Eric is ready, we'll be here waiting.

He has an open invitation.

And Walter - you're really going to enjoy his Lady Rawhide!

best!

Nick

Comment

I want to add my thanks for a splendid series. It has been like going home to be with old friends, stories that are sharp, focused, brimming with the look and feel of the old Marvel days. It's stories like this that have made me a Sonja fan for about 40 years and counting - no matter what additional bonehead things DE does (and they have been coming hot and heavy lately). An idea comes to mind. There is a bit of a gap between 75 and her being in the service of Ghannif, and what made her choose that instead of going directly to Makkalet. That should be good for a least a couple more stories, maybe more. Just leave catscratch in her litterbox and we're good to go.

I hereby nominate Eric and Walter as the heirs to Roy Thomas and Dick Giordano for Sonja stories and art.

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Sonja Fan View Post
                  I want to add my thanks for a splendid series. It has been like going home to be with old friends, stories that are sharp, focused, brimming with the look and feel of the old Marvel days. It's stories like this that have made me a Sonja fan for about 40 years and counting - no matter what additional bonehead things DE does (and they have been coming hot and heavy lately). An idea comes to mind. There is a bit of a gap between 75 and her being in the service of Ghannif, and what made her choose that instead of going directly to Makkalet. That should be good for a least a couple more stories, maybe more. Just leave catscratch in her litterbox and we're good to go.

I hereby nominate Eric and Walter as the heirs to Roy Thomas and Dick Giordano for Sonja stories and art.
                  Why, yes, there is a gap between those stories, you sharp-eyed devil, you.

Thank you for the kind words and the very high praise.

Best,

-E

Comment

Most welcome, E!

Not done a time study on the Marvel stories yet (but thinking about it), but I estimate there's about 30 years of good Sonja gold left in that mine, and that's going only as far as "Call of the Wild", where I'm guestimating she's about 62-63 (and still looking good). If she picks her quests carefully, she might go for another 10 or so beyond that. One vein to explore: of the 6 Sonja novels, only "Ring of Ikribu" was adapted to comic form (and I suspect a bit condensed). That leaves 5 to go. Haven't read them yet, so don't know if the set has any kind of internal chronology. or where they would fit in the bigger picture.

Comment

bit of a warning.....I have all the red sonja novels.....and read them years ago......and well............they are not very good.

Comment

Working...
                      X