What to Pick up Now..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Pick up Now..

Heya guys, been gone from the boards for awhile. You know how life is..

Anyways, I haven't read any DE in about three months, and I am wondering what I should pick up again. Alot of titles I am just gonna buy the trade of, the Pulp Line (which are awesome!) but what are the best new titles that have dropped in the past 2 months?

I already got Miss Fury #1, had to get that bitching white cover (so sexy!). I'm gonna try to find the second issue and The Black Bat #1.

What else?

Pulp.....pulp.....pulp.....

Waid's Green Hornet is critically acclaimed, as if The Black Bat. Maybe some Spider and Miss Fury to level things out!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Really don't like Mark Waid.

And yes, The Spider is awesome. A Terrific read.

Comment

THE LONE RANGER. Ande Parks is writing one of the best comics on the market today.

Comment

Do you letter that one Simon?

Comment

Well, yeah, I do. But I wouldn't recommend it for that reason - it's genuinely a very well-written book. I really want more people to start giving it a shot!

Comment

Gail Simone's Red Sonja is starting very soon, and the Lord of Jungle/Warlord of Mars is coming out soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott M Davis View Post
                Heya guys, been gone from the boards for awhile. You know how life is..

Anyways, I haven't read any DE in about three months, and I am wondering what I should pick up again. Alot of titles I am just gonna buy the trade of, the Pulp Line (which are awesome!) but what are the best new titles that have dropped in the past 2 months?

I already got Miss Fury #1, had to get that bitching white cover (so sexy!). I'm gonna try to find the second issue and The Black Bat #1.

What else?
                Hmm well lets see, Miss Fury #2 was very good imo, actually it was awesome, i wasn't too crazy about #1. Peter Cannon Thunderbolt #9 was good, to me its been the best so far (but opinions are like butt holes, everybody has one). If your behind on Damsels...catch up, its awesome. And might as well check out the mini-spin off Damsels Mermaids, Still has Bowland and Nunes on letters and colors, with Matt Sturges writing and Jean Paul Deshong illustrating. Its similar to and different from the Main Damsels in equal portions. #1 was a great book.

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                Gail Simone's Red Sonja is starting very soon, and the Lord of Jungle/Warlord of Mars is coming out soon!
                The 2 series i'm looking forward too most are Uncanny and Gail Simone's Red Sonja, I don't read Sonja. Only because the character has so much history that I would jump in this late and know nothing. Simone gave that awesome interview about her ideas for the book, making it appeal to hardcore and new fans, Seems a great chance to get in on a character I've been interested in but haven't tried.

Comment

CEO/Publisher

Opinions are what now? Because I have some.

;-)

I would check out all of the books here, but I'm biased for multiple reasons.

What I would say is check out the Dynamite site where we have some writers commentaries where we have 8 - 10 pages of series shown and the writers commenting on them.

I would also check out comixology.com the Dynamite page for free comics.

Those are good starts.

Comment

Originally posted by nickybdynamite View Post
                    Opinions are what now? Because I have some.

;-)

I would check out all of the books here, but I'm biased for multiple reasons.

What I would say is check out the Dynamite site where we have some writers commentaries where we have 8 - 10 pages of series shown and the writers commenting on them.

I would also check out comixology.com the Dynamite page for free comics.

Those are good starts.
                    I'm picked up Miss Fury, Black Bat, Damsels, Damsels: Mermaids, ordered Prophecy TPB, and will be picking up any new series that pop up now.

I dropped DE to pick up Valiant Titles, but their issues leave me wanting more. DE delivers the goods every single issue, so I am switching back to DE.

Comment

Working...
                    X