Uncanny! Soon near you!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncanny! Soon near you!

About 1 month till the first issue of Uncanny comes out, as soon as read the story synopsis I was instantly excited.

The main character strikes me as the person we would all really be if we had a power, not a villain, but not exactly rushing off in spandext to fight monsters. Just..self gain, Thats a character I can believe and like, and I look forward to meeting him and see how he devolops.

Andy Diggle is a wordsmith. Cool idea, great writer, can't wait!

A real "wordsmith" would have come up with a better name for this book, eg: Maverix, Copykat.

Comment

Moved to the proper forum.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by rasx View Post
        A real "wordsmith" would have come up with a better name for this book, eg: Maverix, Copykat.
        Uncanny just means odd, strange, unusual, marvelous, incredible, and a bunch of other words all wrapped up into one. I think it suits the book nicely.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I'm calling it.

Originally posted by rasx View Post

Maverix? Copykat...no.

I don't think there is going to be a whole lot of spandex in this title.

Its a crime story with a little paranormal, if done right its going to be amazing, and since Andy Diggle can slam dunk this. I'm not worried about that.

Consistently good artwork that has the right feel to for the mood of the book will be important. Hopefully the artist can do that.

Oh Wait! They have that covered too.
          http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/...bell-dynamite/

Check out those panels man. Thats Aaron Cambell absolutely crushing it.

I'm calling it here. This book is going to be awesome.

Comment

Uncanny push

I haven't seen a huge marketing push for Uncanny, and I can't fathom why.

The premise of this story is so awesome, and with Diggle and Campbell bring it to life it could be a huge hit.

That being said if it sucks i'll be the first to tell you, I'm not perpetually un satisfied like much of comic fandom, but I don't feel obligated to pay lip service "just cuz". I don't think that will the be the case though, i think this is going to be awesome.

Diggle is a pretty big name right now, is the idea his name will bring in sales?

I know you guys are pushing your pulp characters hard, I myself read masks, the spider and miss fury, and while I love them, especially the spider.However, DE has good thing going with some other titles.

Damsels has been a home run, appreciation for it grows with every issue. The new Red Sonja is drawing huge attention and should be great. The hinted at Devolution with Rick Remender and Paul Renaud is being talked about more more and I myself am looking forward to it, and of course Uncanny, Don't let all the other "uncanny" titles on the market dissuade you. "Haters gonna hate" as we say on the street when talking about the ruthless and cutthroat world of comic sales.

Can't stress it enough, looking forward to it, Tell Andy Diggle to let that drama with the other company go for the time being, This will be his work, his creation, and given that DE seems to give their creators a lot of freedom, he can write the story he wants to.

Edit Question: Consisten with what I've asked about other titles, who will be the creative team after the first arc?
            Last edited by James; 05-31-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X