Captain Action Is Coming!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Action Is Coming!!!

Chris Roberson is writing a Captain Action mini starting in September!

I'm on board!

Captain Action!

Wow wow wow wow wow! Check out that last cover...Devil, Spider, Green Hornet...

http://comicsbeat.com/wp-content/upl...-Cov1F0D0A.jpg

I don't really know how they can make all that work, but I look forward to seeing the attempt.

Comment

By the way, that has to be what Roberson was talking about here:

"Masks" has become the latest of Dynamite's projects to build its own mini line out of the initial series with "Black Bat" and "Miss Fury" following in their own books. What's your plan for the franchise long term? Is there more work you'd like to do in this world?

I probably can't say too much. Initially I signed on to do this one, and I wanted to work with Dynamite for a long time because they control a lot of licenses that I'd like to work on. My run on "The Shadow" came about, I think, because they were happy with the work I was doing on "Masks," and there is another follow up we're doing after that. It hasn't been officially announced yet, but that should be coming soon. It's not a direct sequel like "Masks 2" or anything, but it does have a similar kind of structure with overlapping groups of characters, but it's set in a different time period and has a different kind of vibe to it.
      Easy to see why he couldn't say a whole lot more at the time.

Comment

After seeing the cover,I,m in.

The Owl mini will be coming to a close around then,so I have the budget

RALPH.

Comment

This is going to be cool, lot's of buzz on Twitter about it right now!
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
            This is going to be cool, lot's of buzz on Twitter about it right now!
            Yep.. it sounds interesting. I just I can afford it then.

Comment

Doesn't look true "pulp" to me more so than James Bond meets golden age heroes, but it does look damn interesting.

Comment

This is great News I'm In!

Comment

Eh, too 007 for me so far. If this was similar to MASKS 2 (which I still think they should do) than I'd be head over heels for this, but it seems very Bond like and too weird of a pairing. We'll see how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by DynamitePulpReader View Post
                    Eh, too 007 for me so far. If this was similar to MASKS 2 (which I still think they should do) than I'd be head over heels for this, but it seems very Bond like and too weird of a pairing. We'll see how it turns out.
                    I just don't see how it can work with the established timeline(s). Unless, once again, they are totally different versions of characters. Especially since they refer to it as a bridge.

I don't want to stress too much over these things, knowing that comics timelines can be a little fluid, but I do like solid continuity in the books I read.

Comment

sign me up. glad to see Captain Action back.

Comment

I'm going to give it an issue or two to entertain me, but if the story is going to be more "spy" or "James Bond" than pulp and action heroes than I'll be passing on it. With all these great Project Superpowers and Pulp characters Dynamite has we should be seeing amazing stories based upon those worlds, not espionage and 60's Bond types.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
                          With all these great Project Superpowers and Pulp characters Dynamite has we should be seeing amazing stories based upon those worlds, not espionage and 60's Bond types.
                          can't there be room for both?

Comment

i agree with son of Tarzan here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
                              I'm going to give it an issue or two to entertain me, but if the story is going to be more "spy" or "James Bond" than pulp and action heroes than I'll be passing on it. With all these great Project Superpowers and Pulp characters Dynamite has we should be seeing amazing stories based upon those worlds, not espionage and 60's Bond types.
                              The secret to success is usually diversity not specialization. It's almost like you're saying that you like chocolate ice cream so they shouldn't make other flavors
                              Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                              Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                              http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X