Stan Lee's How to Draw Superheroes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan Lee's How to Draw Superheroes

This book is advertised in this week's Dynamite comics. Has anyone seen it yet? Is it any good?

A long time ago a friend had Stan Lee's book How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way (published in the 80's)
    I liked that one so when I saw his 2nd book Stan Lee's How to Draw Comics (published in 2010), I had to get it.

It was insightful with hints and technique used in the modern times ie with computers, software, and tablets instead of just paper, pencil, ink . . .

But it was just unbelievable how many typos and errors were in that book. I mean, this is Stan Lee. The guy's a legend. And he was producing the book in association with Dynamite Entertainment, not some indie startup.

So if somebody's got a review of the new book, let us know.

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    A long time ago a friend had Stan Lee's book How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way (published in the 80's)
    1978, in fact. Though it was kept in print for years. I remember seeing it advertised in Marvel UK weeklies in the late 70s but I didn't find a copy until about 1983, in a secondhand bookshop. Still got it.

Comment

Thanks for setting the record straight.

I saw it around 1988, but since I don't have the first book, I checked Amazon. According to them, it was published in the 80's.

Perhaps those are reprints being sold now by another company. So they have a later publishing date.

Comment

Working...
      X