Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KING'S WATCH and FLASH GORDON, THE PHANTOM, and MANDRAKE THE MAGICIAN!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep it purple...stripped....and underware on the outside....please.

Yeah, I'm for keeping Phantom's costume purple, stripes in his trunks, and his trunks on the outside of his costume. (Yer right. Real Heroes wear their underware on the outside of their pants.)

I'm really glad DE has teamed these heroes up together.
    I really like ALL three.

I thought Buster Crabbe was the best FLASH GORDON. Although Alex Raymond's Flash looked pretty good. I hope our Flash acts a little more like Buster.

Wished we could see some of those Dan Barry stories. (Read: reprint.)

I might have to get that serial of THE PHANTOM to re-check Tyler.

And MANDRAKE was always one of my most favorite Magicians.

So, I hope this book is a big hit....and we see more of these heroes in more adventures. So far, so good.

The art is pretty solid. ....and the story works. Just a couple things that were troubling. One was mentioned: another origin??
    I'm not sure what "time-zone" I'm in though.

Before Flash's first adventures to Mongo??

Last weekend, we had a Fall Comic Con and I found one of Newton's The Phantom ...issue #68...that I didn't have.
    One British publication called "CREEPY WORLDS" with Flash Gordon in "The Tournament of Mongo" reprint in it.... and

MANDRAKE, The Magician ...in "MANDRAKE IN HOLLYWOOD" hardcover reprint in it.

Scored with all three of our heroes!! It's nice "background" refresher for me.

What's the deal with number 1??? They are going back to print more.!!?? Good news.
    Last edited by magnoanddavey; 10-13-2013, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X