Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampirella Southern Gothic #1

Well I'll be.
    From my Vampirella posts, you might have gotten the impression "Shokoshu is an old-Warren-lovin' know-it-all bitcher". First 2/3 are right But I have no interest in bitching for bitch sake.

Southern Gothic #1 started great. Ah, it's good to finally have an author consult TVTropes first
    So much lampshading. So much snark. So much Noodle Incident. (The author exactly knows which informations a) mustn't be given at all, b) will be given later, c) must be given at the start.)
    Oh, and did anybody notice "This. Is. The. Real. Vampi." on her first page...and she wasn't even wearing her traditional costume? OK, maybe it's not Vampi but rather Harry Dresden after a sex change curse, but that wouldn't be such a bad thing.
    Nate Cosby, thou ruleth. (And I don't want to hear any complaints about the art.)

P.S. From the title, I feared another True Blood ripoff. Not so.

I really enjoyed it myself. I must say though, after the last Vampi mini. Imo, this one has big shoes to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
      I really enjoyed it myself. I must say though, after the last Vampi mini. Imo, this one has big shoes to fill.
      I've forgotten, what was the last one?

Comment

Working...
      X