Uncanny #4 Discussion...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncanny #4 Discussion...

Nice Mustang, huh? Poor Weaver can't win for losing, but at least he's got company. I wonder if Maggie's got something to do with it...

It's a great read, and a book that would have fit comfortably in nearly any publisher's line (Vertigo, Icon, Image, IDW, Dark Horse) so it's nice to see Dynamite expanding its range beyond licensed characters (which it's very good at, don't get me wrong) somewhat. I can't shake the feeling that if Image had published this (with no more promotion or anything) it would have sold 2 or 3 times as well (ditto for Vertigo or Icon), so apparently people still attach some importance (warranted or not) to the publisher's name.

Comment

You're probably right. I haven't been in a comic shop in a while. Do they group titles together by publisher?

Comment

Originally posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
        You're probably right. I haven't been in a comic shop in a while. Do they group titles together by publisher?
        Some do, some don't. Some have a mixed system. My own LCS only racks the current week's DC, Marvel and Independents separately, and has standing sections for DC New 52 and Vertigo back numbers. Various other racks are devoted to kids' comics (with Marvel & DC having their own sections within it), all things Walking Dead related, Stephen King comics, comic art/how-to-draw, manga. Other sections have discounted liquidation trades and HCs, 'alternative' type comics, or just oddball-sized (tabloid, etc.) comics. General comics from last week to a year or so old are racked along one entire wall alphabetically (at cover price), and the entire back wall is devoted to trade paperbacks and hardcovers, alphabetically.

Comment

Let me pose this question: Do you guys trust Maggie? I'm not sure I do...

Comment

Originally posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
            Let me pose this question: Do you guys trust Maggie? I'm not sure I do...
            In the world of UNCANNY, trust is not a commodity anyone can afford. Just look at what happened to "the driver"...

Comment

Working...
            X