Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lone Ranger - Current title in danger of being cancelled? Hope not....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britt68 View Post
    Wish they would bring back PSP or Kirby Genesis. I think those titles would have been more successful if Dynamite had been a little more patient and not immediately flooded the market with all kinds of spinoffs/solo titles right off the bat. Oh well, if I ran the world..................
    We're in agreement on that point. It seems that the former thinking at DE was "make a big splash launch, to draw attention in the marketplace" rather than "build it slowly with quality stories, then branch out". Since the former hasn't seemed to work out for them in general, maybe they'll concentrate on the latter from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt68 View Post
      This is really depressing. Ande Parks is one of my favorite writers. I hope he gets another title. This title was consistently strong and imaginative.
      Just finished reading #21. Ande's stories for this title have been powerful and effective (arguably more so than his run on Green Hornet), as has Esteve Polls' artwork. It's a shame the book will be ending with #25, but what can you do? I'll be double-dipping this title for the TPBs, just to show my support. Can't do much more than that. You know, you really can't blame the company when they put out a great product and people just don't buy it. Maybe because it's a Western (1 strike), maybe because it's the Lone Ranger and a lot of people consider it 'corny' and 'old-fashioned' (2 strikes). The 3rd strike would have been the failure of the Disney movie to change people's perception of the character and draw interest to the comic book.

Comment

I am excited that the CEO of DE commented on the pulp threads that there will be a continuation of the pulp line (no word on the imprint it will be called at this point) announced soon. I proposed, as have others on this forum, that these adventure heroes of the pulp/comic-strip/radio/serials/TV need a series of mini-series with that imprint label to draw customers attention to the similar concepts. The mini-series followed by mini-series will give the feel of a new #1 every so often and will give each storyline a new jumping on point with a little press about the new series. Another proposal floating along will be the anthology format with team ups, one-shots, supporting characters, minor characters, new talent tryouts, veteran creators runs, etc. to be featured on a monthly basis. The imprint might be called "DE Classic Entertainment" or "Noir" or my posted idea-- (but DE has my permission to run with it because I want these titles to exist at my comic-book store in the future) "Masks and Thrillers" (to incorporate the Doc Savage, Flash Gordon, Warlord of Mars, Lord of the Jungle, and Mandrake mask-less characters with the Lone Ranger, Zorro, Shadow, Green Hornet, Green Hornet Legacy, The Shadow Now, the Phantom, and The Spider masked characters). Obviously, these days it is not just the storytelling or the artwork (which DE does great almost every time, it is the marketing.

These characters are iconic not dated. As proven with Green Hornet Legacy, the Shadow Now, The Spider, and soon Doc Savage, these characters can appear in any time period. Even if left in their original time period, readers can resonate with the characters as heroes. Thank you DE for providing us with characters like the Lone Ranger, Zorro, and Buck Rogers.
        Last edited by Blinky McQuade; 01-31-2014, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I've really enjoyed The Lone Ranger and I hope he'll be back soon, but I've given up expecting any title from any US based publisher to last more than two or three years these days. I can see a time when they'll all be renumbered with a new volume each year, like other magazines.

(Here in the UK, however, the three longest running comics still being published are all well into four digits)

Comment

I really hope the Lone Ranger will be back at dynamite. Hands down, my favorite western that has been published (even if the LR is lower on the list of my favorite western characters). It was just so darn good! The Snake of Iron minnie was also a classic, and showed a side of Tonto that I truly enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by tbolt View Post
              The Snake of Iron minnie was also a classic, and showed a side of Tonto that I truly enjoyed.
              I thought that was great, too.

Comment

Snake of Iron was really great. i mean, the ongoing series is always fun but Snake of Iron was especially well done IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Tarzan View Post
                  Snake of Iron was really great. i mean, the ongoing series is always fun but Snake of Iron was especially well done IMO.
                  Just get Chuck Dixon to write more stuff for DE. I don't care which of the 'Dynamite Classic' characters he tackles, I'm sure he'd be good at any of them.

Especially Airboy and/or the Air Fighters. Nick should get Dixon to bring Airboy to Dynamite. Get Tim Truman too, while he's at it.

Comment

Hello,

While I am concerned about the Lone Ranger being cancelled, has there been an official announcement?

I note that The Lone Ranger Vol. 1 by Dynamite ended on issue 25 as well. Could this just be the standard for this series, i.e. Vol. 2 will end on issue 25 and Vol. 3 will start up shortly?

Comment

Working...
                    X