• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAMPIRELLA & BLOOD QUEEN RETURN

http://www.newsarama.com/20450-blood...-dynamite.html
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=51173
    Warrens bad girls are back.

The Blood Queen series doesn't, alas, have anything to do with The Blood-Red Queen of Hearts from Vampirella. It's another re-take on the legend of Elizabeth Bathory (memorably portrayed by Ingrid Pitt in the 1970 Hammer film Countess Dracula), who most recently appeared in Dynamite's Dark Shadows/Vampirella crossover series (teamed with Jack the Ripper) as "Lady Bathory". This new Blood Queen appears to have no connection to that continuity. Otherwise it looks interesting.

I'm interested in the new Vampi series, but can we please dispense with the thigh-high stripper boots and trenchcoat look (seen here on the cover by Jay Anacleto in an otherwise nice illustration)? Thankfully, none of the other covers show this look, so I'm hoping it doesn't appear in the interior artwork.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VampiVol2-01-Cov-Anacleto-3ffb7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	48826
    Last edited by pulphero; 03-01-2014, 02:51 AM.

Comment

So Vampirella is back?

What a bloody surprise.
      Uhm, continuity...what was the meaning of the word then? I forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by shokoshu View Post
        What a bloody surprise.
        Uhm, continuity...what was the meaning of the word then? I forgot.
        Would it help if you thought of it as the "All-New Dynamite NOW Vampirella #1"?

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
          Would it help if you thought of it as the "All-New Dynamite NOW Vampirella #1"?
          (scratches head) Dynamite, as always, isn't daring enough to go whole hog.
          My suggestion would be to call ALL their future Vampirella issues "#1". OK, if
          they MUST do an arc (in Warren times fan went impatient already when a Vampirella
          story had 3 parts) they could call it #1a, #1b, #1c, ...

Evidently this will be hell for librarians, but then Vampirella isn't written for
          librarians but for us fans

Comment

Sweet! I was worried Vampi would be shelved indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Leadpoison View Post
              Sweet! I was worried Vampi would be shelved indefinitely.
              Vampi's one of the few characters Dynamite actually OWNS, lock-stock-and-barrel (along with Evil Ernie), as opposed to almost all their other titles, which feature characters which Dynamite only licenses from their respective intellectual property owners. It only makes sense for them to put as much effort as possible into promoting the character, which would hopefully lead to other merchandising opportunities and possible movie or television options. Even if the comic book itself isn't especially profitable (think Wonder Woman at DC).
              Last edited by pulphero; 03-08-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X