Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARK WAID INTERVIEWS SHANNON ERIC DENTON ABOUT DOC SAVAGE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARK WAID INTERVIEWS SHANNON ERIC DENTON ABOUT DOC SAVAGE!

MARK WAID INTERVIEWS SHANNON ERIC DENTON ABOUT DOC SAVAGE!

A DYNAMITE.COM EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW!!!

MARK WAID: Prove to me that you love Doc Savage more than I do. This will be harder than you think. Go.

SHANNON ERIC DENTON: I LOVE DOC SAVAGE! (imagine I just yelled that really, really loud…at a Dodgers game…and I everyone is staring but I don’t care. It’s that kinda love.)

MARK WAID: What's your take on Doc? What era are you setting your story in?

SHANNON ERIC DENTON: My story is right at the start of the 1930’s. It’s a moment in time right before the first novel, The Man of Bronze. We’re going to see a slightly less experienced Doc Savage stepping into an adventure that will hopefully lead folks to want to pick up the original novels and the regular Doc Savage series (if they aren’t already)! I hope the readers walk away after reading the issue with as much love and admiration for this character as I have.

MARK WAID: What kind of crazy-ass pulp-fiction menace is he facing?

SHANNON ERIC DENTON: We’ve got a secret league of scientists, a ghost-army, and South American death-temples so I tried to cover the bases! Roberto is probably cursing my name with every panel but I wanted to make sure this issue was epic!

MARK WAID: You're trapped on an island with one of the Fabulous Five, Doc's sidekicks, but NOT Monk or Ham. Which one do you choose, and why?

SHANNON ERIC DENTON: As a professional writer it’d be in my best interest to cheat at this point and establish the lovely Patricia Savage as one of the Fabulous Five! However, in fairness to the question I’d pick Johnny. Not only would all his geology and archaeology skills potentially help out in a stranded-on-a-deserted- island scenario but he was often referred to as the “Professor”…so Mary Ann Summers and Ginger Grant could potentially show up in this imaginary situation as well. I think I hear Jimmy Buffet calling…

MARK WAID: For newer readers, answer this: if you like (blank) and (blank), you'll really like this Doc Savage story.

SHANNON ERIC DENTON: If you really like “superheroes” and “Indiana Jones”, you’ll really like this Doc Savage story!
Working...
X