Artists I'd like to see at Dynamite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artists I'd like to see at Dynamite

Just as Dynamite Entertainment has done a phenomenal job of bringing back great characters who'd long disappeared from the comics scene, I'd love to see some talented veteran artists whose work hasn't been seen in the comics industry for far too long. I'm interested in seeing who others here would like to see as well. My choices are:

Darryl Banks -- This super-talented artists, whose long run on Green Lantern made me a fan for life, would do an outstanding job on any genre of title DE offers. I'd especially love to see him tackle the Project Superpowers characters, be he's so versatile he could also shine on the pulp heroes or any of the Kirbyverse heroes. What a waste that he's not currently being utilized by the industry.

Sal Velluto -- Another incredibly gifted artist who has shined on so many titles, most memorably for me being his stellar run on Black Panther. Another artist so versatile that he'd fit almost anywhere, but I'd love to see him on the pulp heroes especially.

Steve Erwin -- Established his bonafides on titles like Vigilante and Checkmate, he's another super-talented resource gone untapped. He'd be a perfect fit at DE.

Anyone else?

Funny you should mention Sal Velluto. He's drawing The Phantom. Not for Dynamite, but for Hermes Press.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...k-the-phantom/

I nominate Jerry Ordway, Graham Nolan, Mike Manley, and Tom Grummett.
    Last edited by pulphero; 05-24-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post

Seconded! And once Warlord of Mars is up and running again, STEVE SADOWSKI STEVE SADOWSKI STEVE SADOWSKI

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
        Funny you should mention Sal Velluto. He's drawing The Phantom. Not for Dynamite, but for Hermes Press.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...k-the-phantom/

Ooooh, Grummett, that's an outstanding choice. Love his work. I'd especially love to see him tackle the Kirbyverse characters.

Comment

Jerry Ordway gets my vote. I loved his covers for T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents. I'd love to see him on the revived P:SP stuff.
          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

I would be happy to see some of the artists whose titles are ending get new titles like Jack Herbert, Ed Tadeo, Matt Freire and Giovani Timpano.

Comment

Paul Ryan is another very talented artist who I think would do great work for DE. He had runs on such titles as Fantastic Four, Avengers, Flash and numerous others. Would love to see his work again.

Comment

Isn't Paul drawing both the daily and Sunday Phantom strip still?

Comment

I think you're right. Would love to see him drawing comic books again, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonO View Post
                    I think you're right. Would love to see him drawing comic books again, though.
                    He's gainfully employed full-time and probably making more money than he ever did at Marvel. Can you blame him? Let the man enjoy his happiness. Crazy as it may sound to comic book readers, his work is seen by more people now than it ever was, even when he was on one of Marvel's better selling titles like Fantastic Four.

Heck, I'd be happy if they just reprinted his Phantom strips in book form. Ditto for Graham Nolan's work on the same.

Comment

Frank Brunner did a phenomenal job drawing Dr. Strange back in the day. Would love to see him drawing something like Doctor Spektor or the Shadow.

Comment

Working...
                      X