Old Vampirella

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Vampirella

Yahoo, I just went down to my local comic store and scored 3 old Vampirella magazines from the 70's. It's getting harder to find these old gems , still possible and only $2.50 . Thanks again to Richard Boom for helping me in the past to find some. Don't forget I still owe you my friend.

Old Vampi mags

That was $2.50 each, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by KillerKnight View Post
      That was $2.50 each, sorry
      Enjoy those magazines! Vampirella under the Warren years had Vampi with a great supporting cast (Pendragon, Adam Van Helsing, Conrad Van Helsing, and Pantha) facing various threats of the Cult of Chaos! Great memories! You can order on-line the Harris Publication Vampirella Crimson Chronicles Maximum for a good price. It reprints the first 25 or so issues of the Vampi stories by Warren Publications (in a format similar to Marvel's Essentials and DC's Showcase reprint programs). I can not remember DE's recent reprint of that volume. However, DE, when you are ready to publish volume 2 of that series, I will buy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Blinky McQuade View Post
        It reprints the first 25 or so issues of the Vampi stories by Warren Publications (in a format similar to Marvel's Essentials and DC's Showcase reprint programs).
        Even better, it actually reprints the first 31 Vampirella stories.
        Originally posted by Blinky McQuade View Post
        I can not remember DE's recent reprint of that volume.
        The Essential Warren Years, Vol. 1

If you just want cheap, Crimson Chronicles Maximum can be had for as low as $5 on eBay (plus shipping). I think they found boxes of them in a warehouse a few years back. DE's version is on nice white paper however, rather than cheap newsprint, and has a cover price of $25 (still a bargain), but can probably be found for less.

If you wanted ALL the stories from Warren's Vampirella magazine (also the letter pages and ads, both of which are kind of fun to see) at their original magazine size, get the Vampirella Archives hardcovers. Warren actually recycled a lot of the stories, but the Archives leaves out the reprinted ones.

Comment

Crim Chrons

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
          Even better, it actually reprints the first 31 Vampirella stories.

The Essential Warren Years, Vol. 1

If you just want cheap, Crimson Chronicles Maximum can be had for as low as $5 on eBay (plus shipping). I think they found boxes of them in a warehouse a few years back. DE's version is on nice white paper however, rather than cheap newsprint, and has a cover price of $25 (still a bargain), but can probably be found for less.

If you wanted ALL the stories from Warren's Vampirella magazine (also the letter pages and ads, both of which are kind of fun to see) at their original magazine size, get the Vampirella Archives hardcovers. Warren actually recycled a lot of the stories, but the Archives leaves out the reprinted ones.
          Yep I got that one, it was nice to read all those stories with no pauses. Still I am trying to find the old b&w's, just to have them and read the other stories in between.

Comment

I miss the days of titles like Marvel Tales.... remember old titles that reprinted but in the format of a series. Personally I prefer this to TPB format.
            Due for a resurgence I think......but unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
              I miss the days of titles like Marvel Tales.... remember old titles that reprinted but in the format of a series. Personally I prefer this to TPB format.
              Due for a resurgence I think......but unlikely.
              Dynamite has tried it a few times. Golden Age Green Hornet Remastered, Thun'Da, and Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt all contained reprints or at least partial reprints. All sold poorly.

Comment

Working...
              X