Red Sonja's Boobs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sonja's Boobs!

I am gradually losing faith with the new Red Sonja relaunch. An avid follower since the beginning at Dynamite, there are some things which just don't work. Culminating in issue 14.....

First off, a slight change of character, she really didn't used to act like a sex starved drunken lout. Sometimes a little towards this, but not often.

The chain mail bikini has all but gone. I am guessing this is because they really can't make this costume a character lure for female readers - so it had to go. Keep it on the cover for old times sake.

Covers which do not reflect the story....

And finally issue 14 really did it for me - Red Sonja's boobs are not in issue 14 at all. She isn't drawn with any at all. She is drawn as if she is ten years old. Where have they gone. Don't get me wrong, I begin to sound like I read the title for her boobs.....this isn't the case - but this really did look ridiculous.

It has got to the stage where Red is portrayed better in every book apart from her own.

Can we have Red Sonja back now please? She's been gone a long time.

I never had any faith from the moment Simone was announced for the book. The character is more Conan than Sonja in personality, and far less competent a fighter. Conan hasn't lost, been captured, or bailed out by guest characters with nearly the frequency Red Sonja has been under Simone. Conan has never had his ass spanked in a fight, either. I wonder if Sonja will be able to take out the main bad guy for this arc, or will the guest characters again save the day?

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
      I never had any faith from the moment Simone was announced for the book. The character is more Conan than Sonja in personality, and far less competent a fighter. Conan hasn't lost, been captured, or bailed out by guest characters with nearly the frequency Red Sonja has been under Simone. Conan has never had his ass spanked in a fight, either. I wonder if Sonja will be able to take out the main bad guy for this arc, or will the guest characters again save the day?
      Well said!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
        Conan has never had his ass spanked in a fight, either.
        I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
          Well said!!!
          Thanks, and while Conan, too, is a sex starved, drunken lout, he isn't stupid enough to get his freak on while trailing his enemy and thereby let the guy he's tracking get the drop on him. The story's narration describes Sonja as some kind of great hunter then has her get captured by her own prey because she was just that horny. You might as well just stamp loser on her forehead.

Comment

Working...
          X