Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swords of Sorrow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Swords of Sorrow

    Surely you've heard the news by now!

    Gail Simone's all-female crossover event has been officially dubbed "Swords of Sorrow"

    What do you guys think?

    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/...-sorrow-event/

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Sorrow01-Cov-A-Campbell.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	49633

  • #2
    I'm thrilled! Indeed, I posted a thread about it last night.

    Comment


    • #3
      Here are links to other sources than the rumor site which shall remain unnamed.

      http://www.newsarama.com/23552-dynam...ella-more.html

      http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59385

      http://comicsalliance.com/dynamite-l...son-and-moore/

      http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ga...-/1100-151368/
      Last edited by DynamiteKevin; 02-18-2015, 02:09 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Awesome! Thanks for posting the news links! I can't wait

        Comment


        • #5
          Question after this event will there now be a shared dynamite universe?

          Comment


          • #6
            G'day,

            This is very exciting, I'll be getting a few of them. Love to see a Bionic Woman/ Pat Savage team up as well as a Deejah Thoris Jane Clayton team up.

            ta

            Ralph

            Comment


            • #7
              Vampirella, Red Sonja, and Jungle Girl sounded great until I read Gail Simone is writing it. Her stories are so politically correct boring. Her stories wouldn't be so bad if she just left the iconic costumes alone. Dynamite needs a writer like the late great Archie Goodwin or Steve Gerber who gets it. I love what Nancy Collins has done with Vampirella and Nancy would have been better for this series.
              Comic2read

              Comment


              • #8
                Actually, I find Gail Simone an awesome writer, not boring at all, and definitely near the top of my list.

                Comment


                • #9
                  G'day,

                  Shes's writing the main series but others are doing the spin offs such as Vampirella & Jennifer Blood. Nancy Collins is still doing Vampy. However I do understand what you mean by politically correct stories. I have little time for Social Justice Warrior types. But I'm willing to give the series a go. Hope to see more female team ups spin offs as the series progresses.

                  ta

                  Ralph


                  Originally posted by Comic2read View Post
                  Vampirella, Red Sonja, and Jungle Girl sounded great until I read Gail Simone is writing it. Her stories are so politically correct boring. Her stories wouldn't be so bad if she just left the iconic costumes alone. Dynamite needs a writer like the late great Archie Goodwin or Steve Gerber who gets it. I love what Nancy Collins has done with Vampirella and Nancy would have been better for this series.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Simone writing the main series makes this very uninteresting. I might look at some of the spin offs, but with what she's done with Sonja, turning her into a drunken idiot who lets her enemies get the drop on her because she needs to get laid as happened in the last issue, I have no interest in seeing her do that with any other characters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
                      G'day,

                      This is very exciting, I'll be getting a few of them. Love to see a Bionic Woman/ Pat Savage team up as well as a Deejah Thoris Jane Clayton team up.

                      ta

                      Ralph
                      Jane meeting Jana the Jungle-girl, would be fun.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
                        as well as a Deejah Thoris Jane Clayton team up
                        If they do, I wonder if there will be any reference to Lords of Mars. I really do hope so...

                        As for Simone, since just about everything else I've read by her has been excellent, I expect this to be as well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          G'day,

                          Yeah thats one series that needs to continue. B ut how about Deejah and Dale Arden?

                          ta

                          Ralph


                          Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                          If they do, I wonder if there will be any reference to Lords of Mars. I really do hope so...

                          As for Simone, since just about everything else I've read by her has been excellent, I expect this to be as well.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
                            B ut how about Deejah and Dale Arden?
                            I know little of Dale Arden, though I did like the Flash Gordon Holiday Special I picked up.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Im not goign to lie, I have some issues with Gail Simone...

                              For example she is a type of writer that believes that the message people interpret from a work is more important than what the author is trying to convey. While it may be somewhat true in some circumstances, for an author to believe so means that their work is somewhat aimless and could be considered devoid of inherent meaning because someone who believes this way will not try to give it meaning.

                              I also think that this story is using a little bit too much... psuedo... lesbian artwork, where the characters arent actually lesbians but we are supposed to get off on how close the female characters are interacting. Honestly I am just getting sick of this, it just... doesnt work so well anymore... maybe like back in the early 2000s and late 90s... when porn wasnt so freely available.

                              Eh... I will read it for Dejah Thoris...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X