Is Chastity Cancelled?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Chastity Cancelled?

I haven't read any announcement regarding this series. Will they publish anymore in the series?

we can only pray they don't. an end to anything and everything Chaos related would be a blessing.

Comment

Chastity has never really been very popular, alas; I blame hormones. When people are young, especially, there's a powerful drive to--

Oh, wait, you mean the comic book, not the virtue. Never mind!

Violins on television.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlette View Post
        we can only pray they don't. an end to anything and everything Chaos related would be a blessing.
        Hey, we don't need to buy it if it's not our thing. (It's not mine, but I'm not going to begrudge other people their comics...)

Comment

what i begrudge is some company buying up characters i loved and followed for a decade then "reimagining" them into utter insulting and embarassing travesties. and i can only assume, from the sales figures, that i'm not the only one who feels this way. Chaos and "purgatori" were utterly putrid, both in story and art and this new Swords of Sorrows stuff sounds garbage as well, and they've got the same awful artist working on it so there's no redeeming features so far.

i can't imagine why anyone (certainly not someone who was a fan of the originals) would willingly pay money for this excrement, but as you say, that's their call. but by the same token this is an open forum/topic so i'm stating my point of view.

Comment

I have no interest in the Chaos characters at all, but I consider Gail Simone excellent, so I am sure the main series stories with them will be enjoyable for me.

Comment

can't comment on her, but the excerpt from Scott's effort is awful. i'm usually against crossovers at the best of times however, never mind this ridiculous "let's throw everyone from everywhere together and stuff the logic!" obsession Dynamite seem to be under, and when i see stuff like this as the result, it does nothing to alter my feelings.

Comment

Isn't the key how well it's written? I'd not really experienced that writer myself, so I can't compare their normal work to this--I'm mainly getting the main series myself because of Simone.

Comment

depends on your point of view. To me, no - comics are a visual medium, they're "all about" the art, otherwise you'd be doing them as a novel. i personally find i can look at good art and bypass the story if it's rubbish, but if i've got a good story and the art is dire rubbish, it ruins it for me. For the whole Chaos and purgatori stuff so far, however, both have been beyond dire so it's been a double lose for me. i wasn't familiar at all with seeley, but after reading that laughable excrement that was Chaos (him claiming to be a staunch fan too), i'm flat-out baffled as to why he's held in such high regard; suffice to say i'd now never even think of touching anything of his with a bargepole.

Comment

Working...
                  X