X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sonja #1973

http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...RO=C1606907352

This looks awesome.

I for one, would like to see a new complete run by Roy Thomas. He is the man, and knows the character best.

Roy Thomas writing, Ed Benes on art - it would be amazing.

Roy won't always be with us to lend his unique talents to any new comics. Morbid, sad, but true.

Utilise him now Dynamite, please?

I hadn't bought this when it first came out, but I'm curious as to whether they might still have a copy when I buy my comic books tomorrow.

I am a little leery of these $7.99 Specials, though. Red Sonja #100 was a mixed bag when it came to the stories and the art, and I'm really not sure if the overall quality was worth that price. (Yeah, you could argue this based on the price-per-a-page for the overall issue, but some of those pages in issue #100 I would rather have not paid for in the first place.)

Comment

I agree with The Namer that Roy Thomas should write new Red Sonja comics. In 1973 his story was the only good one.
      Comic2read

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
        I hadn't bought this when it first came out, but I'm curious as to whether they might still have a copy when I buy my comic books tomorrow.

I am a little leery of these $7.99 Specials, though. Red Sonja #100 was a mixed bag when it came to the stories and the art, and I'm really not sure if the overall quality was worth that price. (Yeah, you could argue this based on the price-per-a-page for the overall issue, but some of those pages in issue #100 I would rather have not paid for in the first place.)
        Did you get The Shadow #100? I thought that more than half the pages in that were at least twice as good, on average, as the typical DE comic, and the remaining pages, just average for DE. By my math that made The Shadow #100 worth 150% of two typical DE comics, for the same price. Same with Vampirella #100, I thought at least half the stories were a lot better than the average $3.99 DE comic, but the only caveat with that one was that the regular Vampirella comic is much better than an average DE title, so Vampi #100 isn't as good by comparison to Vampirella as The Shadow #100 was to the regular Shadow comic. The problem with these $7.99 comics, of course, is you're not allowed to pick "just the best half" of the pages and pay half the price for them. Still, both of those together were easily worth more than 4 issues of Masks 2 or Blackcross.
        Last edited by pulphero; 09-13-2015, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X