No announcement yet.

Simone Talks "Swords of Sorrow," Teases Big Changes for Major Characters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... right, you may not, but there was already a thread ages ago on the possibilities of Dynamite doing stuff with the Spirit, and now that this is finally really happening, with an excellent writer, I'm surprised that thread hasn't taken off a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by themightyflip View Post
      Dont read or buy the Spirit, have no interest in the character or any knowledge, so would not answer a topic on the series.
      Same here. Being a hobby, I go for characters I am interested in and I've none in the Spirit. It's why I don't care for company crossovers as most of the characters are ones I don't have much interest in so most of the story is a chore to get through.

Comment

I don't know where the people went who were interested in the Spirit, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
          So, look sexy for the reader but not actually have strong sexual impulses herself? Or is it the beer?
          personally, i have no issues with a sexually active female, but as in life i think it's how it's portrayed - if it's as a yobbish drunken scumbag, i have no time for them and find them a real turn off; i assume female reciprocate about men.

just flicked through the issue, and again, total nonsense about Purgatori - calling someone master? either there's some rampant sarcasm there (which doesn't come through and therefore fails) or the write again has no interest in reading anything about the character's personality/history. of course, that's me still thinking of the TRUE Purgatori and not this laughable turn that seeley/other idiot wrote, so probably MY point is irrelevant :-D

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
            ... am I the only one who posts here who likes Simone's writing?

The forums have a lot fewer posters than they did a while back, and it's beginning to feel like it's just me on one side, plus a couple of other people on the other side who mainly post about disliking the current direction of Red Sonja. If that's the case, then I'm wondering if I should bother staying myself.

Maybe everyone's gone off to CBR?
            Stay. Just because other people may disagree, doesn't mean that your opinion is any less valid. The thing with all comics books is there are writers and artists liked by everybody, and others that people hate. Admittedly I really dislike the new volume of Red Sonja - more so than Queen Sonja, but I appreciate there are a lot of people who like it.

All opinions should be heard, and it's inevitable that people won't all agree.

Comment

Aw, thank you

Comment

Issue 9 tells us they are sex slaves trafficked by the city guard and its captain. I'm sure the city guard will let that lucrative income stream get away just because the captain is dead. The same way rape would never happen during that 3 years in the gladiator pits, or Sonja won't end up a She-Devil with a stroller from all that wanton sex.

You're happy thinking Simone's shit doesn't stink, enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
                  You're happy thinking Simone's shit doesn't stink, enjoy.
                  You don't need to be a jerk about it.

Comment

What made Red Sonja great was her celibate vows. Red Sonja is supposed to be death for men who approach her wrong. She's unattainable. That's why she has to be super sexy and with large breasts. She has to be attractive. Gail Simone making Red Sonja a loose woman loses that appeal. Its like Gail wants to make the pretty girl fat by making her don armor and be flat chested. In real life flat chested is sexy but line art cannot convey that. Line art needs to make women more curvy to convey to the minds eye it is a pretty woman.

Frank Thorne's Ghita was a Red Sonja who was slutty. Even with his great art that looked like a busty Red Sonja, Ghita was boring. Why? Ghita had no standards. Red Sonja needs her vows. Red Sonja cant be a nymphomaniac. Gail Simone has made Red Sonja boring.

Gail Simone has badgered them into drawing a flat chested Red Sonja and Jungle Girl in swords. Ok maybe some heroines should be pencil thin like Irene Adler. But not all of them. I'm sure there's a market for women who don't want to read about women hotter than them. Why not draw Red Sonja and Vampirella fat and see how that sells?
                    Comic2read

Comment

Originally posted by Comic2read View Post
                      (a bunch of stuff)
                      . . . words fail me. Wow.

Comment

G'day,

I don't usually get the comic but from the covers Red Sonja doesn't look all that flat chested to me. How busty do you think she should be?

ta

Ralph

Originally posted by Comic2read View Post
                        What made Red Sonja great was her celibate vows. Red Sonja is supposed to be death for men who approach her wrong. She's unattainable. That's why she has to be super sexy and with large breasts. She has to be attractive. Gail Simone making Red Sonja a loose woman loses that appeal. Its like Gail wants to make the pretty girl fat by making her don armor and be flat chested. In real life flat chested is sexy but line art cannot convey that. Line art needs to make women more curvy to convey to the minds eye it is a pretty woman.

Frank Thorne's Ghita was a Red Sonja who was slutty. Even with his great art that looked like a busty Red Sonja, Ghita was boring. Why? Ghita had no standards. Red Sonja needs her vows. Red Sonja cant be a nymphomaniac. Gail Simone has made Red Sonja boring.

Gail Simone has badgered them into drawing a flat chested Red Sonja and Jungle Girl in swords. Ok maybe some heroines should be pencil thin like Irene Adler. But not all of them. I'm sure there's a market for women who don't want to read about women hotter than them. Why not draw Red Sonja and Vampirella fat and see how that sells?

Comment

Hi Ralph, the Simone Red Sonja covers are a bit bait and switch. Covers look great but the interior art is watered down with a different conservative costume. I told my comic shop to stop my subscription. Now I buy Red Sonja not by the deceptive cover but by the interior art.

I think Frank Cho who is a master of Good Girl art drew how Red Sonja's physique should look in his earlier work. Well endowed but not vulgar.
                          Comic2read

Comment

Working...
                          X