ALIENS VS VAMPIRELLA#2
    RED SONJA/CONAN#3
    Maybe JOHN CARTER VOL1, SHAFT trades.

Comment

JOHN CARTER: WARLORD OF MARS #12
      JUSTICE, INC.: THE AVENGER #5
      RED SONJA / CONAN #3
      SWORDS OF SORROW #6

ALIENS / VAMPIRELLA #2 (Maybe -will see if I like number 1)

SHAFT: A COMPLICATED MAN TP - depends on funds

Comment

Expect to get:
        * MASKS 2 #7
        * WILL EISNER'S THE SPIRIT #4

Still uncertain if I'll stay with them:
        * JUSTICE, INC.: THE AVENGER #5 (I should be enjoying this, but it's not doing it so far for me)
        * THE SHADOW VOLUME 2 #3 (may tpb wait on this)

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
          Expect to get:
          * MASKS 2 #7

* JUSTICE, INC.: THE AVENGER #5 (I should be enjoying this, but it's not doing it so far for me)
          I'm loving Matt Wagner's The Spirit so far (knock on wood, for a series where the main character hasn't turned up, except in a few flashbacks, for the first two issues). I read The Shadow V2#1 the other day, it was OK. I suspect it will read better as a complete story, so I'll just wait for it in trade. I'm curious what made you stick with MASKS 2 (there seems to be a fair amount of criticism) while you're already thinking of dropping The Avenger (can Waid's story be that bad?... I mean, it's possible, judging by Doctor Spektor... ??)

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
            . . . I'm curious what made you stick with MASKS 2 (there seems to be a fair amount of criticism) while you're already thinking of dropping The Avenger (can Waid's story be that bad?... I mean, it's possible, judging by Doctor Spektor... ??)
            I'm sticking with Masks 2 because
            * I started it, and want to see where this finally goes
            * I keep hoping it will hit more points that appeal to me
            * there is an end not that far off (supposedly), so I'll stick it out until then
            * I really do like many of the characters . . . just wish I liked the story more

As for The Avenger, it's not that it's bad, but it's more that it's . . . meh. I should be enjoying it, but it's just there and not quite grabbing me. I sort of want more for my $3.99 each month than "it's okay, but ___".

Comment

I'm sticking with Masks 2 because
              * I started it, and want to see where this finally goes
              * I keep hoping it will hit more points that appeal to me
              * there is an end not that far off (supposedly), so I'll stick it out until then
              * I really do like many of the characters . . . just wish I liked the story more

As for The Avenger, it's not that it's bad, but it's more that it's . . . meh. I should be enjoying it, but it's just there and not quite grabbing me. I sort of want more for my $3.99 each month than "it's okay, but ___".
              Some things DE publishes now I've decided merely to wait, to see whether they seem like they'd be worth picking up and reading as a TPB (Masks 2, Blackcross, Swords of Sorrow). From everything I've been reading, it sounds like Masks 2 is a pass. I love the characters, but I don't want to see them thrown together is some pointless nonsensical plot (that applies to the other series I mentioned as well). I wonder if this should fill me with doubt and caution about Cullen Bunn's The Shadow v2 (the first issue seemed all right, if nothing really special).

Based on what Waid did with Green Hornet, and his professed love for The Avenger, I'm optimistic enough to take the chance on reading the trade collection. With Doctor Spektor I didn't really know the character, what to expect, or how radically it had been rebooted -- all I knew was it didn't make a lot of sense to me, reading it. I assume The Avenger is more or less picking up (in a non-specific sort of way) from Michael Uslan's Justice Inc. team-up miniseries.

Comment

Expect to get:
                * MASKS 2 #7

I'll add SWORDS OF SORROW #6 to my list.

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                I heard someone talking about some Vampirella-Veronica (from Archie Comics) crossover they thought was being teased on Twitter, or maybe it was both Betty & Veronica.
                Well, there was this:
                http://www.geekynews.com/vampironica...-archie-86730/

http://io9.com/the-return-of-vampiro...ews-1717138915

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vampironica.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	49040

Comment

Working...
                X