Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Dynamite Books for June 2015: Which One(s) Did You Buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Dynamite Books for June 2015: Which One(s) Did You Buy?

According to the June 2015 Comic Book Sales Figures found at Comichron.com (which are "Estimated Comics Sold to North American Comics Shops as Reported by Diamond Comic Distributors") these appear to be the titles from Dynamite that made the list for June:
    159th - Swords of Sorrow #2 - 11,727 copies
    216th - Dawn Vampirella #4 - 7,796 copies
    236th - John Carter Warlord #8 - 6,575 copies
    242nd - Justice Inc.: The Avenger #1 - 6,389 copies
    247th - Red Sonja: Vultures Circle #5 - 6,275 copies
    263rd - Legenderry Red Sonja #4 - 5,755 copies
    270th - Swords Of Sorrow: Dejah Thoris & Irene Adler #1 - 5,622 copies
    273rd - Project Superpowers: Blackcross #4 - 5,517 copies
    277th - Legenderry Red Sonja #5 - 5,404 copies
    282nd - Masks 2 #3 - 5,287 copies
    293rd - Legenderry Vampirella #5 - 5,032 copies
    294th - Swords of Sorrow Vampirella Jennifer Blood #2 - 4,914 copies

Remember, these are primarily number from Diamond, which would be the orders local comic book shops place for books (and not necessarily reflecting how many people bought / wanted copies) throughout much of the U.S.A. (and parts of Canada?). These do not include sales for overseas or any digital copies that were purchased in lieu of traditional physical paper comic books.

(You can see the full list at: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...5/2015-06.html)
    Swords of Sorrow #2
    18.75%
    Dawn Vampirella #4
    6.25%
    John Carter Warlord #8
    12.50%
    Justice Inc.: The Avenger #1
    18.75%
    Red Sonja: Vultures Circle #5
    6.25%
    Legenderry Red Sonja #4
    6.25%
    Swords Of Sorrow: Dejah Thoris & Irene Adler #1
    6.25%
    Project Superpowers: Blackcross #4
    6.25%
    Legenderry Red Sonja #5
    6.25%
    Masks 2 #3
    12.50%
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 08-08-2015, 11:13 AM.

I got:
    Masks 2 #3

I'm looking forward to if / where the Matt Wagner-written Will Eisner's The Spirit issue #1 will place among the books for July 2015.
    (Those July numbers will probably me made available in a week or so since they usually are released somewhere +/-mid-month.)

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
      I got:
      Masks 2 #3

I'm looking forward to if / where the Matt Wagner-written Will Eisner's The Spirit issue #1 will place among the books for July 2015.
      (Those July numbers will probably me made available in a week or so since they usually are released somewhere +/-mid-month.)
      Legenderry's a pass for me, as are Blackcross and Masks 2 based on a lack of any positive buzz. People are strangely quiet about voicing any opinions on Swords of Sorrow, so again another pass, at least for now. Maybe by the time it hits TPBs, Amazon will have some reviews on it. Justice Inc: The Avenger I will catch up on when it hits TPB, same for John Carter. Loving Matt Wagner's The Spirit!

Comment

I got Swords of Sorrow #2 and John Carter Warlord #8.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
          . . . People are strangely quiet about voicing any opinions on Swords of Sorrow, . . .
          I'm not really all that interested in Dejah Thoris, and have only slight interest in Vampirella. So my attention would be geared more towards characters like Masquerade and Miss Fury, who aren't as prominent in each issue.

Also, the one issue I did buy (the one-shot with the modern-day female Kato and Masquerade) wasn't really all that great.

Comment

I'm getting the main SoS series. It seems good thus far.

Comment

I'm not really all that interested in Dejah Thoris, and have only slight interest in Vampirella. So my attention would be geared more towards characters like Masquerade and Miss Fury, who aren't as prominent in each issue.

Also, the one issue I did buy (the one-shot with the modern-day female Kato and Masquerade) wasn't really all that great.
              Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
              I'm getting the main SoS series. It seems good thus far.
              I have gone back and bought the main Swords of Sorrow series, and I'm planning to give Swords Of Sorrow: Dejah Thoris & Irene Adler a try. (Still debating about the Swords of Sorrow Vampirella Jennifer Blood tie-in mini-series.)

Comment

G'day,

I hated the Dejah Thoris & Irene Adler book. Why would Dejah not be affected by Earth's higher gravity? Why did the moons of Mars look like Jupiter? and worse of all was the ridiculous feminist attacks against Sherlock Holmes. I absolutely hate 21st century self righteous moral superiority being imposed on established characters like Holmes who come from a previous era.

However, I did enjoy Nancy Collin's Vamprilla and Jennifer Blood. I'll happily recommend that book.

ta

Ralph

I have gone back and bought the main Swords of Sorrow series, and I'm planning to give Swords Of Sorrow: Dejah Thoris & Irene Adler a try. (Still debating about the Swords of Sorrow Vampirella Jennifer Blood tie-in mini-series.)

Comment

Working...
                X