Sonja/Conan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonja/Conan

Since we're now into our second team-up with these two, is there any chance of seeing a trade collection of the original Marvel team-ups?
    Last edited by mdbruffy; 08-09-2015, 10:02 PM. Reason: miss-spelled word

Don't know if / how likely that is. While I believe Dark Horse has collected / reprinted Conan stuff originally from Marvel (and did Dynamite reissue some of the old Marvel Red Sonja material?), who would be responsible for / profit from reprinted Conan and Red Sonja team-up stories?

Comment

As mentioned, some of their stories together can be found in 'The Chronicles of Conan' which recollect the old Conan series. I don't know if it has all of the stories, though, like the ones in Savage Sword or King Conan. I guess it depends on the lawyers and IP holders. Dynamite seems to be able to reprint Red Sonja's various Marvel series and Dynamite gets to reprint the Conan books. Maybe, extracting those stories for a crossover compilation needs the agreement of the property holders? It would be nice to have them collected in one collection.

Comment

So far Dynamite can reprint Marvel Red Sonja stories that feature Conan as long as they appeared in a Red Sonja comic, while Dark Horse can reprint Marvel Conan stories that feature Red Sonja as long as they appeared in a Conan comic.

Comment

But it seems as if Dynamite and Dark Horse both have been avoiding those stories. In the past it was assumed it was because the characters now "lived" with different companies. But if they can join forces for new team-ups and split the profits, why not do a trade PB of the original stories and split that profit, too?

Comment

Originally posted by mdbruffy View Post
            . . . But if they can join forces for new team-ups and split the profits, why not do a trade PB of the original stories and split that profit, too?
            Has it been said anywhere they're "splitting the profits" on the two different series?

I don't think I've heard that said, but I haven't read every single promo or article on the two titles.

Comment

Two Characters, two companies, one story. How could they not ?
              When DC and Marvel were doing all those cross-overs in the 80's and 90's you can be sure they split the profits.

Comment

Two Characters, two companies, one story. How could they not ?
                When DC and Marvel were doing all those cross-overs in the 80's and 90's you can be sure they split the profits.
                Do you know what you're talking about here?

What do you mean "one story" for the four issue Conan Red Sonja series and the however-many-issues Red Sonja Conan series? As far as I'm aware, they aren't "one story". (Then again, I'm not reading the one from Dynamite because I don't like the writer.)

Comment

They're mini-series. several monthly issues to tell one story. They usually run for less than a year. Anywhere from 4 to 6 issues usually.

Comment

They're mini-series. several monthly issues to tell one story. They usually run for less than a year. Anywhere from 4 to 6 issues usually.
                    But what do you mean bv "one story"? Is there a direct continuation from the four issues previously published by Dark Horse into the new series published by Dynamite? The two series had different writers and different artists, didn't they?

Comment

Yes, they are 2 stories. 2 mini-series. Put out by both companies working and publishing together.

Comment

Working...
                      X