Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Waid interviews Gail Simone on SWORDS OF SORROW!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mark Waid interviews Gail Simone on SWORDS OF SORROW!

    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ga...w/1100-153177/

  • #2
    so "purgatori" has a male lover now. lol.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Scarlette View Post
      so "purgatori" has a male lover now. lol.
      Why, is that a bad thing?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pulphero View Post
        Why, is that a bad thing?
        depends if you liked the real Purgatori or not. it just emphasises how much this character is a name-only reimagining.

        Comment


        • #5
          Was she female-exclusive or asexual before? I literally don't know.

          Comment


          • #6
            (Considering she's working for the villain, maybe he's got some sort of manipulative mind-control going on. But I gather Purgatori was a bad guy before, so...?)

            Comment


            • #7
              MW: Fill in the blank: “Readers who like ______________ will really dig Swords of Sorrow!”​

              GS: Funnel cakes!

              Or, gorgeous and dangerous women, 1940's radio dramas, science fiction, swords and sorcery, high adventure, cheap laughs, lightning-fast Martian dogs, gun-toting pulp crime fighters, snarky vampire queens, jungle adventures, it's all in there. We have been called the “best event book of the summer” by a LOT of critics, I'm very proud of that, but above all, we're having a party and we want you to be invited!
              Well, I have no opinion about funnel cakes, but I like some of the things she mentions.

              I'm really tempted to try a couple of issues of the main event title. (Preferably ones where they make more use of Miss Fury, Masquerade, and a few others.)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                Was she female-exclusive or asexual before? I literally don't know.
                she was lesbian, aside from David Quinn deciding to give her an affair with Dracula, which was pointless and ridiculous (the whole story was stupid and never followed up - the next time he appeared he was her enemy again, so i don't know what it was supposed to achieve).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Scarlette View Post
                  Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                  Was she female-exclusive or asexual before? I literally don't know.
                  she was lesbian, aside from David Quinn deciding to give her an affair with Dracula, which was pointless and ridiculous (the whole story was stupid and never followed up - the next time he appeared he was her enemy again, so i don't know what it was supposed to achieve).
                  Could she have evolved from "lesbian" to "bisexual"?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
                    Could she have evolved from "lesbian" to "bisexual"?
                    give dynamite "evolved" her from an awesome character to a laughable waste of ink, i suppose anything's possible.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I haven't really followed her, but wasn't she a villain before as well?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                        I haven't really followed her, but wasn't she a villain before as well?
                        Villain, anti hero, hero, villain, shes been all those things in the original chaos run.

                        Still this series is just utter sh*te on all levels.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by themightyflip View Post
                          Still this series is just utter sh*te on all levels.
                          Well, no, it's not. Perhaps Purgatori isn't being depicted in her original style, but certainly otherwise it's good.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                            Well, no, it's not. Perhaps Purgatori isn't being depicted in her original style, but certainly otherwise it's good.
                            Well, I can't say with any certainty since I'm not reading it yet, but what may be "good" for you may not be as good in somebody else's opinion. May depend on previous experiences with the character and expectations that may or may not have been met.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
                              Well, I can't say with any certainty since I'm not reading it yet, but what may be "good" for you may not be as good in somebody else's opinion. May depend on previous experiences with the character and expectations that may or may not have been met.
                              Oh, I agree that tastes differ--though I hasten to say that "this is bad" and "I don't like it" are not the same thing at all.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X