Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Waid interviews Gail Simone on SWORDS OF SORROW!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Waid interviews Gail Simone on SWORDS OF SORROW!

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ga...w/1100-153177/

so "purgatori" has a male lover now. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlette View Post
      so "purgatori" has a male lover now. lol.
      Why, is that a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
        Why, is that a bad thing?
        depends if you liked the real Purgatori or not. it just emphasises how much this character is a name-only reimagining.

Comment

Was she female-exclusive or asexual before? I literally don't know.

Comment

(Considering she's working for the villain, maybe he's got some sort of manipulative mind-control going on. But I gather Purgatori was a bad guy before, so...?)

Comment

MW: Fill in the blank: “Readers who like ______________ will really dig Swords of Sorrow!”​

GS: Funnel cakes!

Or, gorgeous and dangerous women, 1940's radio dramas, science fiction, swords and sorcery, high adventure, cheap laughs, lightning-fast Martian dogs, gun-toting pulp crime fighters, snarky vampire queens, jungle adventures, it's all in there. We have been called the “best event book of the summer” by a LOT of critics, I'm very proud of that, but above all, we're having a party and we want you to be invited!
              Well, I have no opinion about funnel cakes, but I like some of the things she mentions.

I'm really tempted to try a couple of issues of the main event title. (Preferably ones where they make more use of Miss Fury, Masquerade, and a few others.)

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                she was lesbian, aside from David Quinn deciding to give her an affair with Dracula, which was pointless and ridiculous (the whole story was stupid and never followed up - the next time he appeared he was her enemy again, so i don't know what it was supposed to achieve).

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlette View Post
                  she was lesbian, aside from David Quinn deciding to give her an affair with Dracula, which was pointless and ridiculous (the whole story was stupid and never followed up - the next time he appeared he was her enemy again, so i don't know what it was supposed to achieve).
                  Could she have evolved from "lesbian" to "bisexual"?

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
                    Could she have evolved from "lesbian" to "bisexual"?
                    give dynamite "evolved" her from an awesome character to a laughable waste of ink, i suppose anything's possible.

Comment

I haven't really followed her, but wasn't she a villain before as well?

Comment

I haven't really followed her, but wasn't she a villain before as well?
                        Villain, anti hero, hero, villain, shes been all those things in the original chaos run.

Still this series is just utter sh*te on all levels.

Comment

Originally posted by themightyflip View Post
                          Still this series is just utter sh*te on all levels.
                          Well, no, it's not. Perhaps Purgatori isn't being depicted in her original style, but certainly otherwise it's good.

Comment

Well, no, it's not. Perhaps Purgatori isn't being depicted in her original style, but certainly otherwise it's good.
                            Well, I can't say with any certainty since I'm not reading it yet, but what may be "good" for you may not be as good in somebody else's opinion. May depend on previous experiences with the character and expectations that may or may not have been met.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
                              Well, I can't say with any certainty since I'm not reading it yet, but what may be "good" for you may not be as good in somebody else's opinion. May depend on previous experiences with the character and expectations that may or may not have been met.
                              Oh, I agree that tastes differ--though I hasten to say that "this is bad" and "I don't like it" are not the same thing at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X