Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Waid interviews Gail Simone on SWORDS OF SORROW!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
    Oh, I agree that tastes differ--though I hasten to say that "this is bad" and "I don't like it" are not the same thing at all.
    Depends on why someone is saying "this is bad", since sometimes people can think "I don't like it, so it's bad."

But, yeah, one does not necessarily lead to the other.

Comment

back when i was more actively reading/buying comics, the general concensus of crossovers was they were a waste of time. you'd get one main character against another and nothing would resolve as a fight obviously couldn't end in one fo them being killed. i wonder what's changed to make dynamite think that some of these utterly abysmal crossover idea are interesting or clever? there's no logic whatsoever cramming characters from universes that would/should be impossible to intersect. "aliens vs vampirella"....i mean, really. this stuff reads like some ridiculous fanfic, the type you get one those juvenile "who would win in a fight" forums etc.
      guess we can expect nothing less from a company who thinks a series on grumpy cat would be hysterically funny. doubtless it'll be Chaos vs grumpy cat next.

Comment

Someone's a grumpy cat today.

It's an all-ages comic, something we do need more of these days. Maybe you're not the target audience for it, and that's OK.

And she already had her own movie, so why not a comic series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrSPuBYm-Cw

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
          Well, no, it's not. Perhaps Purgatori isn't being depicted in her original style, but certainly otherwise it's good.
          I'm not interested in Purgatori, my interest is Red Sonja, a character that under Simones penwomanship has gone from a strong female character, to a character who is constantly drunk, talks in the third person, can barely read, has no concept of religion and needs rescuing from men in nearly every issue. Hell issue 1 had her dieing of thirst in the desert after having her water skin and sword stolen by raiders, and the first thing she asks for after being rescued is a wine skin.
          As for Swords of Sorrow, the writing is terrible, the premise is terrible, the main bad guy is terrible, the artwork is serviceable, and as for the crossover it self, to make any sense out of it, you have to read all the tie ins.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlette View Post
            back when i was more actively reading/buying comics, the general concensus of crossovers was they were a waste of time. you'd get one main character against another and nothing would resolve as a fight obviously couldn't end in one fo them being killed. i wonder what's changed to make dynamite think that some of these utterly abysmal crossover idea are interesting or clever? there's no logic whatsoever cramming characters from universes that would/should be impossible to intersect.
            And yet, there are plenty of people who want to see such things happen, even though they know that you're not going to permanently kill off a major character and the story won't effect the characters in their own books.

I don't read the stuff, but I'm assuming fanfiction is chock full of such ideas, and people still seem to read that even though it will have no bearing on the published adventures of those characters. And, golly, don't Marvel's very frequent crossover events sell a gazillion copies even though they often (but not always) have no real long-lasting effect on things?

Comment

Working...
            X