Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new politically correct Vamprilla and Dejah Thoris

Hi.

Looks like the Social Justice Warriors have captured Dynamite. Here are the new Vamprilla and Dejah Thoris:

So they dump Vamprilla's unique costume and replace it with a generic action girl outfit. And Dejah get a ridicules flimsy skirt. Lets forget all that glorious pinup art. Yeah, that's really progressive.

Ralph

Click image for larger version

Name:	VampiRedesign2015-NicolaScott-600x910.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	49670

and here's Dejah

Name:	Deejah.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	49671

action-ready designs that modern and diverse audiences long to see.
    http://www.newsarama.com/26160-red-s...d-in-2016.html

Like Power Girl's infamous New 52 costumes that disappeared so quickly?

Red Sonja has taken a hit as well but its not as bad as Vampirella. After Sonja was turned into a helpless mess in the current series, a restart was overdue. Gail Simone slaughtered Sonja. First she lost her iconic look, then her breasts, then her hands, and somewhere along the line her dignity, cleverness, and just about anything else that made her endearing! I'm so glad she is off the book.

Comment

The Go-Go, Sexploitation Era Ended in the Mid-60s

Hmmph, I guess you'll need to find something else for which to masturbate.

Comment

I have mixed feelings, myself, mainly because I don't want John Carter's own series to end, but we don't know if it will, and of course it's possible that Dejah's self-imposed exile is something which is going to be of finite duration. I also was under the impression that Barsoomians in general wore practically nothing most of the time (indeed, I think JC himself has been far too "covered up," but then I also really like beefcake), but it's also possible that for story reasons--like protection from the elements wherever Dejah is going--Dejah needs to wear more armor-like stuff.

I like the classic costumes, but I also don't mind these. I don't think anyone is saying we'll never see the others again.

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
          I have mixed feelings, myself, mainly because I don't want John Carter's own series to end, but we don't know if it will, and of course it's possible that Dejah's self-imposed exile is something which is going to be of finite duration. I also was under the impression that Barsoomians in general wore practically nothing most of the time (indeed, I think JC himself has been far too "covered up," but then I also really like beefcake), but it's also possible that for story reasons--like protection from the elements wherever Dejah is going--Dejah needs to wear more armor-like stuff.

I like the classic costumes, but I also don't mind these. I don't think anyone is saying we'll never see the others again.
          Well, this 42-year fan of the Girl from Drakulon LOVES the gear. I never gave a fig for the pole dancer's outfit. What drew me was how unique Vampirella was as a character, then and now. I enjoyed reading about her adventures and her internal struggles. The costume was mere incidental window dressing--pun intended.

Comment

http://kateordie.tumblr.com/post/130...ott-revamp-red

Including Marguerite Bennett and Aleka on Red Sonja, Frank Barbiere writing Dejah Thoris (artist not yet revealed) and MYSELF writing VAMPIRELLA, with an also as-of-yet unrevealed artist!

This is the new costume design from Nicola Scott for Vampi! I could not be more excited about helming this series - yíall know how I feel about sexy vampires. Her new outfit will appear as she continues her monster-hunting calling, but fear not, we will also see the classic ensemble from time to time. Itís going to be fun, sexy, scary and weird. I canít wait to show you more - the art is already coming in and it is gooorgeous. HUGE thanks to Gail Simone for bringing me into this gig and just generally being rad!
            Key phrase for those worried:

fear not, we will also see the classic ensemble from time to time

As for me, I just want my John Carter adventures to continue even if they're not together in the same book. And I'll be happy to buy both.

Comment

Comics are a work of art not reality and vampires are fiction. The attraction of vampires is the mixture of sex and death. That's what Vamprilla was about. The bikini outfit was an artistic representation of that. There she was in all her oversexualised , deadly glory. Now shes Lara Croft.
              Thank you for nothing Nick Barrucci.

Comment

G'day,

I expect they will put pants on him and if Tarzan comes back he will be in a safari suit.

http://kateordie.tumblr.com/post/130...ott-revamp-red

Key phrase for those worried:

fear not, we will also see the classic ensemble from time to time

As for me, I just want my John Carter adventures to continue even if they're not together in the same book. And I'll be happy to buy both.

Comment

I won't pretend that seeing John Carter/Tarzan in various states of being largely unclad is not appealing to me (on both an artistic and salacious level), so I can understand the appeal of seeing these heroines scantily-clad as well--but it's not like they're entering a nunnery. We've even been told that, for instance, we'll see Vampi in her classic outfit.

Comment

People need to get over this nudity thing. Have a look at classical art, nudes were common. It usually denoted beauty, purity , moral fitness. Comic books are an art form. In the Burroughs stories it showed masculine strength and feminine beauty . Such as the breath taking art work below. I don't see anything really salacious about it.

Ralph

I won't pretend that seeing John Carter/Tarzan in various states of being largely unclad is not appealing to me (on both an artistic and salacious level), so I can understand the appeal of seeing these heroines scantily-clad as well--but it's not like they're entering a nunnery. We've even been told that, for instance, we'll see Vampi in her classic outfit.

Name:	johnca48.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	49056

Comment

What I suggested was that it appeals to me on both an artistic and salacious level. But then, as Tom Lehrer says, "When correctly viewed / Everything is lewd..."

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrix Kiddo View Post

Red Sonja has taken a hit as well but its not as bad as Vampirella. After Sonja was turned into a helpless mess in the current series, a restart was overdue. Gail Simone slaughtered Sonja. First she lost her iconic look, then her breasts, then her hands, and somewhere along the line her dignity, cleverness, and just about anything else that made her endearing! I'm so glad she is off the book.
                        An outfit design for Sonja is less of a problem for most Sonja fans, as she has had numerous looks over the year, and the bikini is a kind of silly look for certain circumstances. But your right on with the state of Sonja as a character following Simone's destructive run on the series.

As for Dejah, I understand the characters in the original novels are supposed to be naked, well I doubt Dynamite would be willing to go that far, and to be fair, I kinda like her outfit....though I think it would look better on Sonja

Comment

Originally posted by ddamaged View Post
                          Hmmph, I guess you'll need to find something else for which to masturbate.
                          I think this comment is unfair. Just because there are fans who like to either see characters in their classic outfits - or maybe even see a well drawn sexually attractive woman in a comic - they should not be made to think that it is because they want to masturbate to it.

This is way off base and not needed on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
                            People need to get over this nudity thing. Have a look at classical art, nudes were common. It usually denoted beauty, purity , moral fitness. Comic books are an art form. In the Burroughs stories it showed masculine strength and feminine beauty . Such as the breath taking art work below. I don't see anything really salacious about it.

Ralph

[ATTACH]1122[/ATTACH]
                            I appreciate the comment above - but I think it goes beyond wanting to see the characters in the nude. To illustrate where I am coming from - Red Sonja was awesome in the blue fluffy outfit she wore. This covered her up a lot, and there was no issue. The new outfit just seems drab and has turned her into just another warrior woman character.

Comment

If they were really paying attention to the way Burroughs described Barsoomians in the novels, we'd be seeing nothing but a few bangles, ornaments, armbands or bracelets, and a few practical straps and buckles for swords and whatnot. Nudity is the norm in Barsoom culture.

Comment

Working...
                              X