Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dejah/Sonja/Vampi: Why not try them first?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
    Trautman had already done a redesign of her original look back in the first series. This isn't the first time a writer tried getting away from the bikini. Just like prior writer Brian Reed had done away with the rape backstory and had Sonja as a happily married woman to start so she had a sex life. Simone really didn't come up with anything new except for having Sonja be repeatedly beaten and saved by guest characters. That and getting drunk like someone suffering DTs and buying time on sex slaves, that's what Simone did that was new.
    Well said well said

Comment

Because they are fakes, I won't buy the compromised Vampirella and Red Sonja. I'll wait until the real ones return.
      Comic2read

Comment

Originally posted by Comic2read View Post
        Because they are fakes, I won't buy the compromised Vampirella and Red Sonja. I'll wait until the real ones return.
        If you haven't read a single page of either one's new book, how do you know that you'll see them as fakes? Maybe you'll see them as what you're really looking for, despite the new costumes. We haven't seen a single page or a single line of dialogue from either of them yet, just pictures of the new outfits and a pretty vague synopsis of their upcoming first storylines. And while one could argue that this version of Red Sonja continues on from a reboot (since the last series did not have the no-sex-without-being-defeated premise), Vampirella is the same, as I understand it, and ditto Dejah Thoris.

Comment

Heck, as a world, I despise the New 52--I think it's miserable and grim in many respects, and some characters are so twisted from their basic concept as to be basically like evil Earth-Three counterparts (I'm looking at the Amazons and the Guardians and even some of the gods of New Genesis)--but I can still find stories to enjoy as bright lights against the dark backdrop. I'm happy to consider it an alternate universe. Even if you consider the new Dejah/Sonja/Vampi series to be an alternate universe, how do you know you won't enjoy these in a different way? Heck, I'm happy to consider the Dark Horse Conan to be a different universe's Conan than the Marvel series Conan, and enjoy both in different ways. Ditto the myriad versions of Tarzan, and so on.

Comment

Working...
          X