No announcement yet.

vampirella new costume design art!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this art isn't for everyone. That's fine.

Comment

I guess I missed the Vampirella comic where screams of orgasms happened. What issue of what series was that, exactly? Oh, you meant the "reader interactivity" part that takes place in your spare time. Nevermind, then.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1447253589760.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	49082 found another one! !!!!!! I can't wait to see some of the new costume art from dynamite!!!!! The new comic launches in March I believe! !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ddamaged View Post
          I know, Mandy! You're a true Vampi fan.
          Thanxxxxxxx!

Comment

Name:	FB_IMG_1447736768276.jpg
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	49084 and here is another one!

Comment

G'day,

I was referring to vampires in general but I liked that line, I thought it was a good bit of hyperbole. Took me a few minutes to thing it up.

ta

Ralph

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
              I guess I missed the Vampirella comic where screams of orgasms happened. What issue of what series was that, exactly? Oh, you meant the "reader interactivity" part that takes place in your spare time. Nevermind, then.

Comment

As world #1 expert for Vampirella AND orgasms I can help out: Warren 106.
                Hold the issue to your ear. Either you hear her screaming...or Tristan isn't that good in bed.
                SCNR,

Comment

G'day,

Yeah, I'll have to try that. There's a lot to be said for orgasmic screaming.

Ralph

Originally posted by shokoshu View Post
                  Hold the issue to your ear. Either you hear her screaming...or Tristan isn't that good in bed.
                  SCNR,

Comment

Name:	edited_https%3A%2F%2F40.media.tumblr.com%2F7891a8bd2bddb9e9c3f10eee49f9b3e9%2Ftumblr_nycmqtpAm81.jpg
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	49087 think I've found our 1st official cover!!!! Anyone familiar with casallos art work?

Comment

Name:	Vampivol3-01-Cov-A-Zullo-600x900.jpg
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	49088 and the 2nd cover

Comment

Name:	https%3A%2F%2F40.media.tumblr.com%2Fcb3a023b87ba8ee55559b5eee5886c2a%2Ftumblr_nxqrzg3w071r6m3eno.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	49091Click image for larger version

Name:	https%3A%2F%2F40.media.tumblr.com%2Fcb3a023b87ba8ee55559b5eee5886c2a%2Ftumblr_nxqrzg3w071r6m3eno.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	49091 Here's another one! !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shokoshu View Post
                          I'm sure they must have given you a nice plaque along with the award. You must need to polish it a lot.
                          Seems like distribution got a lot worse in the 1980s. I never saw a lot of those issues over #100. (Had a hard time finding the later issues of THE ROOK, too.) Seems like comic shops were just starting to open up in my area right about the time Warren went under. I don't think I ever bought one new in a comic shop. Guess I'll have to wait for the Vampirella Archives to get there.
                          Were there word balloons or SFX indicating any sort of sounds, or is it pretty much left to the reader to infer whatever? Does Vampi's facial expression indicate she's screaming?
                          I don't know -- I never pictured Vampirella as the type to scream... ever, really. Far more likely to be the causer of screams. (Maybe it was Tristan doing the screaming...?)
                          And how exactly did Tristan wind up returning (or did he, really)?
                          Last edited by pulphero; 12-06-2015, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Were there word balloons or SFX indicating any sort of sounds, or is it pretty much left to the reader to infer whatever? Does Vampi's facial expression indicate she's screaming?
                            I don't know -- I never pictured Vampirella as the type to scream... ever, really. Far more likely to be the causer of screams. (Maybe it was Tristan doing the screaming...?)
                            And how exactly did Tristan wind up returning (or did he, really)?
                            a) I was just joking. No screaming at all there, although Pepe drew her very...satisfied. Quote:
                            "Her lips part and savagely close against his, as they tenderly merge...joined body and soul!"

b) As for the how and why part, ask the gods of continuity. (If memory serves me well,
                            Queen of Hearts somehow conjured him up to kill Vampi. Spoiler: It failed.)

Comment

Issue 106 with Vampirella & Tristan

Well, I'll let everyone else judge. Does this seem like a screaming orgasm? Looks more like a sigh or moan to me.

Name:	Vampirella-106-1982_0006.jpg
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	49092

Comment

Well, there you go. It was her SENSES that were screaming, that's why we couldn't hear them.

Seems fairly tastefully done, and hardly exploitative at all... although that's the thinking of the 2015 me. Hard to see it again through 1981 eyes.
                                The way it's portrayed looks pretty normal, and nothing to do with "blood and orgasms" of the vampiric variety. But then, Vampirella was never that kind of vampire to begin with. She's not supernatural or undead, just a humanoid alien, whose blood is as warm as any human's. (I know some stories say that Drakulonians have water in their veins instead of blood, but that's just so ridic I'm just going to forget I read it.)

No big spoiler there, by the way. I figured if Tristan's "return" didn't turn out to be some hoax, hallucination, or evil plot I'd have heard about it by now.

Comment

Working...
                                X