Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Writer’s Commentary: Phil Hester talks Gold Key Alliance #5, on sale Wednesday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Writer’s Commentary: Phil Hester talks Gold Key Alliance #5, on sale Wednesday

A Writer’s Commentary: Phil Hester discusses his grand finale issue of Gold Key Alliance, #5, on sale Wednesday from Dynamite.

PAGES 1-3:

This comic is about robot fighters and dinosaur hunters, so I thought I'd give all the assembled Magnuses and Turoks from across the multiverse a threat that was both a dinosaur AND a robot!

Page 4:

After forcing poor ol' Brent Peeples to draw dozens of versions of Gold Key characters in multiple locales, I gave him a break with this scene set inside the mysterious energy column at the heart of the alternate dimension. Readers should start to get the idea that Erica Solar may be the lynchpin to the whole story.

Pages 6-7:

Dr. Spektor is nuts, but you can see now, it's for good reason.

Page 13:

The Gold Key heroes form an alliance to end the runaway multiverse, hence the title!

Page 14:

The secret origin of the Gold Key multiverse, and how Gold Key completists can reconcile every version of the characters to appear in print since 1962.

Page 19-22:

Hey these guys look familiar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GKALliance05-Cov-A-Massafera-c01ad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	50065Click image for larger version

Name:	GoldKey005-Int-1-f461d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	50066Click image for larger version

Name:	GoldKey005-Int-2-5255b.jpg