Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error in "Ash Vs The Army of Darkness" #4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Error in "Ash Vs The Army of Darkness" #4

    Today I picked up Ash Vs The Army of Darkness #4 and was surprised to see an dialogue/speech bubble error in the second panel on the third page. What I assume is supposed to be happening is the Principal yelling at the SMART Commander, telling her that she can't stand Agent Westlake and the other entire SMART team invading her school. Instead (in both the print and digital copies) is the speech bubble coming from the SMART Commander, making it sound like she has lost her mind and started referring to herself in the third person. Now, I'm sorta new here I don't know if anyone who works at Dynamite reads this board, but if any editors or something like just so happens to stumble across this, I hope this error can be fixed before a trade paperback comes out.
    Panel 2 contains the error in question (AVAOD #4)

  • #2
    There doesn't seem to be much in the way of editors and proofreading at Dynamite. I noted there were errors in the last issue of Sheena, too.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Viper_Pilot_Apollo View Post
      There doesn't seem to be much in the way of editors and proofreading at Dynamite. I noted there were errors in the last issue of Sheena, too.
      Yeah, I get that impression every time I read a Dynamite Army of Darkness book. They've always been full of continuity errors here and there, sometimes Ash is drawn with a real hand instead of his prosthetic hand, just very minor stuff, but there's been nothing as bad as the misplaced speech bubbles from AVAOD #4.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Minecrafttroller28 View Post

        Yeah, I get that impression every time I read a Dynamite Army of Darkness book. They've always been full of continuity errors here and there, sometimes Ash is drawn with a real hand instead of his prosthetic hand, just very minor stuff, but there's been nothing as bad as the misplaced speech bubbles from AVAOD #4.
        Is the Army of Darkness stuff from Dynamite any good?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Viper_Pilot_Apollo View Post

          Is the Army of Darkness stuff from Dynamite any good?
          There's some good books like "Ash And The Army of Darkness" (and it's sequel "Ash Gets Hitched"), and "Ash Vs. The Army of Darkness" (so far), but those are all the reboots, the main continuity books got too cluttered and became overloaded with continuity errors, but I'd recommend everything before Army of Darkness Volume 3 ("Ashes 2 Ashes" limited series, "Shop 'Till You Drop Dead" limited series, "AOD Vs Re-Animator", AOD Volume 1, Marvel Zombies Vs. AOD, AOD Volume 2, the two Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash series, and the first two AOD/Xena series)

          Comment


          • #6
            Cool, I wanted to check out the Xena crossover series. I think I actually have the "Shop till you drop" series around here somewhere....

            Comment


            • #7
              You know, I didn't realize it when I first made this post, but the SMART Commander is missing the scar across her eye in this issue. Now I realize that the "editing" at Dynamite is just as bad as Marvel from the last few years.

              Comment

              Working...
              X