Another Red Sonja Movie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Red Sonja Movie?

I like the idea of a new Red Sonja movie. Hopefully, they don't go for Simone's idea of a drunken slut. Three arcs of Sonja being beaten and/or at death's door and needing to be bailed out by guest characters is not better than Brigitte Nielsen's silly movie.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...-movie-reboot/

Looking at the producers involved, this thing's got enough of an uphill battle ahead without adding Gail Simone to the mix. Courtney Solomon, for crying out loud. This is the guy that produced and directed "Dungeons & Dragons" (2000). How is he still working in the industry? Brigitte Nielsen's film may end up looking like a masterpiece compared to this thing.

Plus, I think Gail Simone is busy being on Twitter all day, she probably doesn't have time to write a screenplay...
    Last edited by Viper_Pilot_Apollo; 11-05-2017, 12:08 AM.

Comment

This is the production company that put out Mamoa's Conan. I liked a lot of the look, especially Mamoa as Conan looked the part, but the movie itself made Nielsen's Red Sonja seem pretty good. That Conan remake was one boring slog.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
        This is the production company that put out Mamoa's Conan. I liked a lot of the look, especially Mamoa as Conan looked the part, but the movie itself made Nielsen's Red Sonja seem pretty good. That Conan remake was one boring slog.
        I didn't make that connection. I didn't like Mamoa as Conan, and the film was totally forgettable. I watched it once, and other than the opening with Ron Pearlman, I don't recall anything that happened in the film.

Comment

Working...
        X