Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARC ANDREYKO talks LEGENDERRY: RED SONJA #1, on sale in FEBRUARY!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARC ANDREYKO talks LEGENDERRY: RED SONJA #1, on sale in FEBRUARY!

MARC ANDREYKO talks LEGENDERRY: RED SONJA #1, on sale in February from Dynamite!

BYRON BREWER: Marc, this is your second time up to bat, so to speak, on Legenderry: Red Sonja. What is it about the steampunk world created by Bill Willingham that you and other writers enjoy so much?

MARC ANDREYKO: It’s simple: The world of Legenderry is a blast to play in. It’s amazing how many of the pulp and sci-fi characters so easily take to this re-imagining.

BB: For the uninitiated (you know who you are!), tell us the differences between steampunk Sonja and the more familiar She-Devil with a Sword

MA: Steampunk Sonja is an infamous pirate and swashbuckler who, after her adventures in the first mini, is now the captain of the late Nemo’s Nautilus. Seriously! Read the trade! (smiles)

BB: As you say, the last time we saw Red Sonja of the Legenderry world, she was living the pirate’s life aboard the Nautilus. What has occurred since then?

MA: Lots of drinking, sailing the Seven Seas, and backroom poker games. All of which help serve as catalysts for this adventure.

BB: What can you tell us about the storyline of this new Legenderry book?

MA: It involves a classic Sonja villain, gangsters, uranium and the least expected “real world” guest star ever! Oh, and the usual betrayals, lust and high seas adventure.

BB: Any characters, either familiar or new, coming “on board” for this series?

MA: Well, there’s Red Sonja, of course, and her right-hand on the Nautilus, Adriano. Other than that? A whole new cast!

BB: Can you tell us, even in a non-spoilery manner, what major threat is faced by the Big City?

MA: BIG BOOM! With major fallout. Cryptic enough for ya?

BB: Talk about Igor Lima. What does this artist bring to the Legenderry table?

MA: He is insanely talented. When the first pages started coming in, my jaw was on the floor! His style is evocative of Joe Bennett and Bryan Hitch and he is going to be a very in-demand artist after this book! (I hope he still returns my calls! LOL)
Working...
X