"John Wick Is Getting His Own Comic"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "John Wick Is Getting His Own Comic"

Yeah, I’m thinkin’ I’m back,” John Wick (Keanu Reeves) declared in the 2014 action thriller named after him. John Wick found the former hitman returned to his killing ways to get revenge for the death of his dog. Thankfully for fans, John Wick’s return to action expands beyond that movie. In addition to the upcoming sequel, John Wick: Chapter 2, Dynamite Entertainment announced to EW on Wednesday that they will be partnering with Lionsgate to publish a John Wick comic in 2017.

“John Wick was such an exciting film, mixing martial arts action with snappy dialogue and smart writing,” Dynamite CEO Nick Barrucci said in a statement. “As the credits rolled, you were left wanting more, and it was obvious they had the makings of a franchise. We were quick to pursue the opportunity to develop a comic book series, and are thrilled to have been granted the rights to tell all-new stories with the character!”

The comics will not be strict adaptations so much as an expansion of the John Wick universe, according to Dynamite and Lionsgate. Further details on release dates and creative teams for Dyanmite’s John Wick comics are still forthcoming, but for now, artist Giovanni Valletta has done some concept art sketches of the character in action. Check that out below.
    http://ew.com/books/2016/12/21/john-...mic-announced/

great. so odds on it's another charater i like that Dynamite will eff up with stupid plots and puerile art.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlette View Post
      great. so odds on it's another charater i like that Dynamite will eff up with stupid plots and puerile art.
      The Dynamite way, he'll fight dinosaurs with a laser gun but it'll still be technically Wick because someone will have killed his dog.

Comment

So, issue #1, originally due out at the start of September, finally made it out in the fifth (and final) week in November?

John Wick #2, originally solicited for the first Wednesday in October, looks like it's now due out either December 20th, 2017 (ComicList) or possibly January 10th, 2018 (Previewsworld)?

Hell, issue #5 had been originally solicited for January 31st!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
          So, issue #1, originally due out at the start of September, finally made it out in the fifth (and final) week in November?

John Wick #2, originally solicited for the first Wednesday in October, looks like it's now due out either December 20th, 2017 (ComicList) or possibly January 10th, 2018 (Previewsworld)?

Hell, issue #5 had been originally solicited for January 31st!
          That's not a good way to start a book off. It 's beginning to look like Dynamite's reach far exceeds their grasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper_Pilot_Apollo View Post

That's not a good way to start a book off. It 's beginning to look like Dynamite's reach far exceeds their grasp.
            Unfortunately, Dynamite has had a history of delays in releasing issues for various series over the years, though maybe I just have the misfortune of following the ones that are more the exception than the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
              Unfortunately, Dynamite has had a history of delays in releasing issues for various series over the years, though maybe I just have the misfortune of following the ones that are more the exception than the rule.
              Yeah, it's unfortunate. They have good licensed properties, but there's not much point if you don't do them justice.

Comment

Working...
              X