Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FABIAN RANGEL JR. talks BLOOD BROTHERS #1, on sale in JUNE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FABIAN RANGEL JR. talks BLOOD BROTHERS #1, on sale in JUNE!

FABIAN RANGEL JR. talks BLOOD BROTHERS #1, on sale in JUNE from Dynamite!

BYRON BREWER: Fabian, Blood Brothers as a property has a lot of history. Tell us a little about it please.

FABIAN RANGEL JR.: Blood Brothers started when [artist Javier Caba] followed me on Twitter, I saw his art, and immediately hit him up asking if he wanted to work on something together. I wanted to do a supernatural pulp story, and he wanted to do fantasy stuff, so I mixed them up! We set up a Kickstarter immediately and the rest is history. Between the KS in October, and the Dynamite solicits in Previews right now, it's been a whirlwind, but in a good way.

BB: How does it feel to have this former Kickstarter sensation being serialized by Dynamite?

FRJR: It's gratifying, because the KS showed there was an audience, and now with Dynamite we have a chance to expand readership. Also, I'm just really stoked for Hermanos to be with the same publisher doing so many awesome pulp characters.

BB: What can you tell us about the world you and Javier have created here?

FRJR: It's a city like L.A. but with a 1940s vibe, mixed with creatures and characters from fantasy/folklore/magic. A city where almost anything can happen.

BB: Who are Diego and Gabriel Soliz?

FRJR: Diego is the hard-boiled detective, very gruff, almost always annoyed, has a bit of a chip on his shoulder. He can see and communicate with ghosts. Gabe is the strong, larger-than-life luchador, with a strong sense of honor and loyalty. His skin glows in the dark when supernatural danger is present. They have a classic love/hate relationship well, hate is a strong word, but they definitely get on each other's nerves like actual brothers.

BB: Without spoilers, can you tell us a little about the case in this first story?

FRJR: A museum is robbed, an Aztec skull is stolen, and the case might have ties to an older mystery that is very close to the brothers.

BB: What other characters might readers want to be on the lookout for?

FRJR: The villains! We have a strong rogues gallery that are fun to write and look at. Really fun bad guys in this one.

BB: Tell us about your collaboration with Javier.

FRJR: It's been a blast! Javi is a beast when it comes to facial expressions, and especially character design. Half the fun of reading this book is seeing all the cool background characters he throws in. Javi is a dream to work with. We're having a lot of fun.

BB: Fabian, any present or near-future projects you can tell us about?

FRJR: Well, hopefully people are already aware of Helena Crash, Space Riders, and 'Namwolf. In the summer, fans of me writing supernatural pulp stuff should be on the lookout for The Complete Doc Unknown from Dark Horse, and for Tarantula from Adhouse.

https://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/v...13025961501011
Working...
X