Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sonja gets a good review

G'day,

The fellow on Diversity and Comics vblog has just got around to #0 and gave it a good review. Worth seeing, we pretty much agree on the direction of modern comic and the influence of Gail Simone.

Ralph

I thought a lot of his thoughts were spot on so far as what went wrong with following Simone's ideas. Her humor played up Sonja being filthy, loutish, and slattern. That was fine if you came to the book to laugh at the character and genre and view her past iterations as something to be mocked or be embarrassed about having enjoyed. Amy still has her callbacks to Simone, as he mentioned, but they aren't as frequent as the first few issues. Thanks for posting this, ralphuniverse.

Comment

I was looking at the sales figure earlier today and I believe that Sonja is Dynamite's best-selling book at the moment.

Comment

G'day,

Hope so, perhaps it will encourage them to keep well away from SJW nonsense and return Vampirella and Dejah Thoris to their sexy glory.

ta

Ralph

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
        I was looking at the sales figure earlier today and I believe that Sonja is Dynamite's best-selling book at the moment.

Comment

Working...
        X