Women Of Dynamite October Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women Of Dynamite October Books

Bleeding Cool continues its tradition of releasing Dynamite solicitations by category. Betty Page, Red Sonja, Sheena and Vampirella below!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...-october-2017/

No sarcasm: After the last Sonja/Vampirella books bombed so badly, it's kind of nice to see the current volumes reach issue 10 and 8 respectively, even if they're not traditional takes either. In fact, they refer to Vampirella as "The perfect jumping on point for anyone who has been curious to try Vampirella!" so clearly they intend to continue for a bit longer.

Amy's take has been an enjoyable ride though I'm ready to get Sonja back to her era. Issues #5 and #6 had an additional artist with Carlos. I guess they are trying to keep the book on schedule. I see Vampirella has a new team on the book for both writer and artist.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
      Amy's take has been an enjoyable ride though I'm ready to get Sonja back to her era. Issues #5 and #6 had an additional artist with Carlos. I guess they are trying to keep the book on schedule. I see Vampirella has a new team on the book for both writer and artist.
      Does it sound like they even plan on sending Red Sonja back at some point? My outside-looking-in perception is that they're content with the New York setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
        Does it sound like they even plan on sending Red Sonja back at some point? My outside-looking-in perception is that they're content with the New York setting.
        Coming soon!

RED SONJA/THE SHADOW

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
          Coming soon!

RED SONJA/THE SHADOW
          There you go! Think of the possibilities!

that totally sounds like something Dynamite would do, too...

Comment

There you go! Think of the possibilities!

that totally sounds like something Dynamite would do, too...
            RED SONJA/GREEN HORNET CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!

Comment

She's headed cross country to some secret research lab, Livermore Labs, where Max's phone has turned up like something from a Terminator movie. He'd ended up back in Sonja's Hyrkania last issue. So, there's at least one more arc.

I do like the Red Sonja/Shadow crossover idea. Red Sonja/The Phantom would be familiar territory for her.

Comment

I've told my comic shop to cancel my vampirella order, she's unrecognizable!!! I am looking forward to the new Sheena comic!

Comment

She's headed cross country to some secret research lab, Livermore Labs, where Max's phone has turned up like something from a Terminator movie.
                  It's not a secret lab. Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory is an American federal research facility in Livermore, California, United States, founded by the University of California in 1952.
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
                    It's not a secret lab. Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory is an American federal research facility in Livermore, California, United States, founded by the University of California in 1952.
                    In Amy's story it is. I did learn of the real place a few days ago from someone mentioning that fact on another site.

Comment

In Amy's story it is. I did learn of the real place a few days ago from someone mentioning that fact on another site.
                      I guess that Red Sonja exists on a parallel universe Earth where the Livermore Lab in California is more like Area 51 in Nevada. But then again I'm pretty sure our version of Earth never had a Hyborian Age either, so I guess there would be bound to be some differences. Or maybe the government decided there's no better place for a Top Secret covert research lab than to locate it in the same city with a well-known, government-funded, very public research lab.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                        I guess that Red Sonja exists on a parallel universe Earth where the Livermore Lab in California is more like Area 51 in Nevada. But then again I'm pretty sure our version of Earth never had a Hyborian Age either, so I guess there would be bound to be some differences. Or maybe the government decided there's no better place for a Top Secret covert research lab than to locate it in the same city with a well-known, government-funded, very public research lab.
                        I'm sure there are a few tinfoil hat heroes out there investigating Livermore Labs and their connection to aliens, earthquakes, and tampons at this very moment.

Comment

I'm sure there are a few tinfoil hat heroes out there investigating Livermore Labs and their connection to aliens, earthquakes, and tampons at this very moment.
                          Time travelers from the distant future (or past, who knows) might seem alien to us (as long as they don't look like voluptuous redheads wearing chainmail bikinis), so there you go.
                          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

When Dynamite is ready to have new books featuring the likes of Miss Fury, Black Sparrow, or Miss Masque/Masquerade, I may be more interested.

(I may still try the 25 issue of Sheena, but I'm really not interested in Marguerite Bennett as the "writer".)

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
                              When Dynamite is ready to have new books featuring the likes of Miss Fury, Black Sparrow, or Miss Masque/Masquerade, I may be more interested.

(I may still try the 25 issue of Sheena, but I'm really not interested in Marguerite Bennett as the "writer".)
                              Bennett's sharing writing duties with Christina Trujillo but I don't know anything about her work. There is a small preview of Moritata's art for this at Bleedingcool.
                              https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...25-cent-issue/

Floating pendant unconnected to anything, halter top that sometimes loses its straps, bow disappears but keeps quiver of arrows, quiver holds arrows really well even upside down, and how is that quiver attached, superglue? That's a lot of art questions in just the top 3 pages. I've seen Bennett's writing on Sonja I enjoyed it in a MST3K kind of way so from the art and her own previous work this may be just as unintentionally comical.

Comment

Working...
                              X