Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic Women Of Dynamite October Books

Women Of Dynamite October Books

Bleeding Cool continues its tradition of releasing Dynamite solicitations by category. Betty Page, Red Sonja, Sheena and Vampirella below!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...-october-2017/

No sarcasm: After the last Sonja/Vampirella books bombed so badly, it's kind of nice to see the current volumes reach issue 10 and 8 respectively, even if they're not traditional takes either. In fact, they refer to Vampirella as "The perfect jumping on point for anyone who has been curious to try Vampirella!" so clearly they intend to continue for a bit longer.

• positronic
    replied
    Originally posted by themightyflip View Post
    probably the fourth or fifth trading card series of Red Sonja then. They tend to reuse the same art as well, which is a shame.
    Which is probably also the same artwork that appeared in DE's THE ART OF RED SONJA hardcover(s)... not sure but I think there may have been more than one volume.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    probably the fourth or fifth trading card series of Red Sonja then. They tend to reuse the same art as well, which is a shame.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Not due out for a while, but looks like Sonja's getting the trading card treatment.

Dynamite Entertainment has announced a new Red Sonja limited edition trading card line set to arrive in 2018. The series will feature autograph cards, hand drawn sketch cards, limited edition hand colored cards, puzzle cards, limited edition over-sized box topper cards and more. Dynamite will be handing out special Promo Preview Cards at select comic book conventions nationwide, announced in advance via the publisher’s social media channels.
    Nick says:

Red Sonja was Dynamite’s second published title, and our first to sell over 200,000 copies, over 240,000 to be exact. With millions of comic books sold world-wide in multiple languages, as an inspiration to hundreds of admirers in the cosplay community, and for so many other reasons, Red Sonja has a wide, well-deserved following with diverse passions. We’re eager to satisfy customer interests by exploring all possible merchandising avenues. Statues, toys, apparel, barware, trading cards – however you want to show your devotion to Red Sonja, Dynamite is happy to accommodate! And for retailers who are eager to supplement their comic book sales, Dynamite continues to develop new product lines to appeal to every customer in their stores.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Scarlette View Post
    lol, no. standard marketting trick. how on Earth is episode 8 of a storyline a "perfect place to jump in"?
    Beats the hell out of me, I'm not reading it. For all I know it's a stand alone story. I see no indication that it's part 8 of anything. And being that the entire creative team is replaced, I doubt they intend to cancel it the following month. Otherwise, why bother?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    In fact, they refer to Vampirella as "The perfect jumping on point for anyone who has been curious to try Vampirella!" so clearly they intend to continue for a bit longer.

lol, no. standard marketting trick. how on Earth is episode 8 of a storyline a "perfect place to jump in"?

Leave a comment:

• Ajax
    replied
    Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
    When Dynamite is ready to have new books featuring the likes of Miss Fury, Black Sparrow, or Miss Masque/Masquerade, I may be more interested.

(I may still try the 25˘ issue of Sheena, but I'm really not interested in Marguerite Bennett as the "writer".)
    Bennett's sharing writing duties with Christina Trujillo but I don't know anything about her work. There is a small preview of Moritata's art for this at Bleedingcool.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...25-cent-issue/

Floating pendant unconnected to anything, halter top that sometimes loses its straps, bow disappears but keeps quiver of arrows, quiver holds arrows really well even upside down, and how is that quiver attached, superglue? That's a lot of art questions in just the top 3 pages. I've seen Bennett's writing on Sonja I enjoyed it in a MST3K kind of way so from the art and her own previous work this may be just as unintentionally comical.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    When Dynamite is ready to have new books featuring the likes of Miss Fury, Black Sparrow, or Miss Masque/Masquerade, I may be more interested.

(I may still try the 25˘ issue of Sheena, but I'm really not interested in Marguerite Bennett as the "writer".)

Leave a comment:

• positronic
    replied
    Originally posted by Ajax View Post
    I'm sure there are a few tinfoil hat heroes out there investigating Livermore Labs and their connection to aliens, earthquakes, and tampons at this very moment.
    Time travelers from the distant future (or past, who knows) might seem alien to us (as long as they don't look like voluptuous redheads wearing chainmail bikinis), so there you go.

Leave a comment:

• Ajax
    replied
    Originally posted by pulphero View Post
    I guess that Red Sonja exists on a parallel universe Earth where the Livermore Lab in California is more like Area 51 in Nevada. But then again I'm pretty sure our version of Earth never had a Hyborian Age either, so I guess there would be bound to be some differences. Or maybe the government decided there's no better place for a Top Secret covert research lab than to locate it in the same city with a well-known, government-funded, very public research lab.
    I'm sure there are a few tinfoil hat heroes out there investigating Livermore Labs and their connection to aliens, earthquakes, and tampons at this very moment.

Leave a comment:

• pulphero
    replied
    In Amy's story it is. I did learn of the real place a few days ago from someone mentioning that fact on another site.
    I guess that Red Sonja exists on a parallel universe Earth where the Livermore Lab in California is more like Area 51 in Nevada. But then again I'm pretty sure our version of Earth never had a Hyborian Age either, so I guess there would be bound to be some differences. Or maybe the government decided there's no better place for a Top Secret covert research lab than to locate it in the same city with a well-known, government-funded, very public research lab.

Leave a comment:

• Ajax
    replied
    Originally posted by positronic View Post
    It's not a secret lab. Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory is an American federal research facility in Livermore, California, United States, founded by the University of California in 1952.
    In Amy's story it is. I did learn of the real place a few days ago from someone mentioning that fact on another site.

Leave a comment:

• positronic
    replied
    She's headed cross country to some secret research lab, Livermore Labs, where Max's phone has turned up like something from a Terminator movie.
    It's not a secret lab. Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory is an American federal research facility in Livermore, California, United States, founded by the University of California in 1952.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I've told my comic shop to cancel my vampirella order, she's unrecognizable!!! I am looking forward to the new Sheena comic!

Leave a comment:

• Ajax
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    Does it sound like they even plan on sending Red Sonja back at some point? My outside-looking-in perception is that they're content with the New York setting.
    She's headed cross country to some secret research lab, Livermore Labs, where Max's phone has turned up like something from a Terminator movie. He'd ended up back in Sonja's Hyrkania last issue. So, there's at least one more arc.

I do like the Red Sonja/Shadow crossover idea. Red Sonja/The Phantom would be familiar territory for her.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X