Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've canceled my vampirella subscription!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I've canceled my vampirella subscription!!

    After 40 years of collecting and enjoying the vampi comic I will no longer be spending any money on this run!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170817_150618_593.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	50216

  • #2
    Vampi's in quite the tailspin of late. What was your breaking point?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
      Vampi's in quite the tailspin of late. What was your breaking point?
      I hate the new redesign but was willing to give it a chance,,, but the story is taking forever to get anywhere,,, after the announcement that dynamite is going continue with this look and "futuristic" storyline, I refuse to spend anymore money on it!!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Only Vampirella stuff I bought during the current century were her appearances in Swords of Sorrow issues.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
          Only Vampirella stuff I bought during the current century were her appearances in Swords of Sorrow issues.
          I enjoyed vampirella in swords of sorrow!!! The best comic dynamite has done was the vampirella dawn cross over!!!!!! Have you seen the new covers for the latest issue of vampirella???? Absolutely awful!!! So glad I canceled!!! I'll end up picking this run at a comic con in the 1$ bin!!!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MandyO View Post
            The best comic dynamite has done was the vampirella dawn cross over!!!!!!
            I'll go along with that. That's probably why it was the only series they did that got a deluxe hardcover collection. The 13-issue Nancy Collins/Patrick Berkenkotter run from 2014-15 was good too. A few other miniseries weren't bad, but other than that... Well, there are those nice Vampirella Archives hardcover reprints of the Warren issues, plus 3 different Art of Vampirella artbooks.
            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by positronic View Post
              I'll go along with that. That's probably why it was the only series they did that got a deluxe hardcover collection. The 13-issue Nancy Collins/Patrick Berkenkotter run from 2014-15 was good too. A few other miniseries weren't bad, but other than that... Well, there are those nice Vampirella Archives hardcover reprints of the Warren issues, plus 3 different Art of Vampirella artbooks.
              I was enjoying Dynamite's first series for a while there but it seemed to go off the rails really fast. I'd never read Vampirella before and reached a point where I felt I was not understanding certain things because I wasn't familiar with her history. I'll probably continue it the next time Dynamite has a sale on Comixology though. Gee, maybe Halloween?

              Good to know the next volume was solid too.

              Comment

              Working...
              X