Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I hate time travel" AoD Plot ?s

"I hate time travel."---Ash, Ashes-2-Ashes tradepaper back pg. 9, panel 2

I have several questions that stump me about the AoD storyline.

1. How can there be 2 Shelias? (The Deadite Queen and the Shelia that is stuck in the Dread Mirror Dimension.)

2. Is Eva, Dracula's daughter, dead?

3. Is the Dr. Herbert West in the AoD vs. ReAn crossover an intellgent deadite imposter until the end of issue #4?

4. Where do all of the other copies of the Necronomicon come from? (i. e. the monster professor from ReAn, Dracula's copy, Ash's Mom's copy from Tales of AoD)

5. How did the time line get screwed up, didn't Ash fix it in A-2-A, despite deadite Queen Shelia's explanation?

6. Isn't it odd that the prop hand Ash, the one that Deuce and Sugarbaby gave him in ReAn #1, now uses is just as good as the real medieval gauntlet he made?

7. Besides Shelia's side story, when do all of the other "Tales of AoD" take place?

8. Are Egyptian Evil Ash and Evil Ash Prime one and the same? If so, how did his corpse get moved from England to an Egyptian tome?

9. When do AoD vs. Darkman crossover events take place?

Gudday Hood! Welcome to the Dynamite Forums!

That's... alot of questions there mate! Heh heh! These would be best answered by all you fans out there with extensive knowledge of the storyline in its many incarnations. So c'mon and see if you can help-out a new member!!

Tommy.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I would really appreciate the answers to these questions. I would like to point out something interesting: in issue #4 of Shop Till You Drop Dead, did anyone else notice that when Ash came back from the future, his right hand was normal instead of metal? On a similar note, how do the virtual deadites from the future effect the time line besides becoming a (bestselling?) video game?

Comment

In addition to these questions, one of my own: if Sugarbaby is "the world's leading parapsychologist", why the heck is she dressed as a nurse?
        Last edited by Amelia; 01-20-2007, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Sugarbaby went undercover to rescue Ash from the insane asylum; that and she may just like the outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hood
            Sugarbaby went undercover to rescue Ash from the insane asylum
            Yeah, I did think of that - but later in AoD vs. R-A, it turns out she's been working in Arkham under her real (and apparently fairly famous) name, which doesn't strike me as the most effective cover.

Comment

Can someone please answer these questions?!?

Comment

Can someone please answer these questions?!?

As I mentioned above mate, these're best fielded by your fellow posters (whose knowledge of AOD minutiae is far more extensive than my own). Unfortunately, things are a little quiet in this section of the forums right now, so you may be in for a fair wait given the number & scope of the questions posed. In the meantime, I can only advise re-reading the series and seeing if you can nut some of them out yourself - which in my mind would be substantially more fun and enlightening. Good Luck!

Tommy.
                Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Bringing back the "dead" post

Besides looking for answers to my old questions, I have to ask this: How are the events of Evil Dead connected to ED2 adn AoD? Is it just a "rough draft" version of ED2? Also, who is looking forward to Bruce Campbell's cameo in Spider-Man 3!?! and the release of "My Name is Bruce"? Can't wait for the summer...

Comment

"I hate time travel."---Ash, Ashes-2-Ashes tradepaper back pg. 9, panel 2

I have several questions that stump me about the AoD storyline.

1. How can there be 2 Shelias? (The Deadite Queen and the Shelia that is stuck in the Dread Mirror Dimension.)

2. Is Eva, Dracula's daughter, dead?

3. Is the Dr. Herbert West in the AoD vs. ReAn crossover an intellgent deadite imposter until the end of issue #4?

4. Where do all of the other copies of the Necronomicon come from? (i. e. the monster professor from ReAn, Dracula's copy, Ash's Mom's copy from Tales of AoD)

5. How did the time line get screwed up, didn't Ash fix it in A-2-A, despite deadite Queen Shelia's explanation?

6. Isn't it odd that the prop hand Ash, the one that Deuce and Sugarbaby gave him in ReAn #1, now uses is just as good as the real medieval gauntlet he made?

7. Besides Shelia's side story, when do all of the other "Tales of AoD" take place?

8. Are Egyptian Evil Ash and Evil Ash Prime one and the same? If so, how did his corpse get moved from England to an Egyptian tome?

9. When do AoD vs. Darkman crossover events take place?
                    I don't have any of those answers...sorry.

Besides looking for answers to my old questions, I have to ask this: How are the events of Evil Dead connected to ED2 adn AoD? Is it just a "rough draft" version of ED2?
                    I can answer that one, though. Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 - Dead by Dawn, and Army of Darkness are a trilogy. Evil Dead 2 is NOT a remake of Evil Dead. ED2 does feature a quick recap at the beginning of the movie of the events which transpired in Evil Dead (leaving out the friends and only concentrating on Ash and Linda), but its merely a recap. If you notice, at the end of the recap in ED2, it picks up precisely where the first movie left off...with the "Evil Force" rushing through the woods towards Ash. Evil Dead 2 picks right up from there and shows what happens to Ash from there. And of course Army of Darkness picks up right after Evil Dead 2.

Sorry, I just HATE it when fans of the series claim Evil Dead 2 is a remake. It is so obviously a sequel it isn't even funny (including a completely new plot, new characters, continuing plotlines from the first Evil Dead, etc).

Anyway, hope that helps.

Comment

The remake error is actually somewhat easy to make. The problem stems from the intro in ED2. The film makers could not get the rights to their footage from the first ED (wierd I know I'm not sure on the details there) so they had to reshoot the backstory.

For whatever reason they did not use the original actors/resses and instead of having Ash, his GF Linda, friend Scotty, Scotty's GF Shelly, and Ash's sister Cheryl they only depicted Ash's girlfriend Linda played by Jane Fonda and shortened the back story considerably as well as changing some items of continuity. That said it is still NOT a remake simply a sequel with continuity issues, really not that rare simply more confusing than average.

BTW

What kind of guy takes his sister with himto a romantic weekend in the boonies w/his sister? seriously ...
                      Last edited by Angel Ireul; 06-09-2008, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X