DE FCBD Flip-Book: Lone Ranger Side

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE FCBD Flip-Book: Lone Ranger Side

When will we get some info for the Lone Ranger half of the FCBD book? The podcast has given us pretty good details for the Battlestar side, and some internet research even revealed a BSG cover image. What about LR? Will it be by Matthews and Cariello, or a different creative team? Joe called it a #0, but I assume the story will take place after issue 6, so that Reid will fully be the Ranger. Can we get any tidbits?
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Here is what Diamond says about the book:

DYNAMITE FCBD: THE LONE RANGER AND BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.
    FLIP COVER: JOHN CASSADAY AND STEPHEN SEGOVIA.
    By Jerwa, Matthews, Segovia, Cariello, White, Fajardo, Bowland and Cassaday. Dynamite Entertainment is proud to present their first FREE COMIC BOOK DAY comic! Within the pages of the Dynamite FCBD Edition, you'll find two all-new tales from two of our best-seling series: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: YEAR ONE #0 begins a brand new Battlestar Galactica story from the creative team of Brandon Jerwa and Stephen Segovia! Taking place before the events of the now-class 're-imagined' SCI FI series, Year One presents a 'season zero' that introduces us to the cast and crew of the Battlestar Galactica as they face new challenges and threats, all under the watchful eye of the Cylons! Jerwa and Segovia will be the regular creative team for this series, and issue #0 leads directly into the events of issue #1 and the first story arc. LONE RANGE: THE CREED #0 presents a special Lone Ranger tale which the Lone ranger and Tonto in action as the immortal words of the Lone Ranger's Creed help narrate our story! After the critical and sales success of 2006's Lone Ranger debut, 'the Creed' is an excellent sequel and well as a prequel to the next thrilling installment of Dynamite's Lone Ranger series! PLUS: Dynamite previews of Red Sonja, Painkiller Jane, Highlander and Raise the Dead!

Sounds good, eh?

Bjarne
    www.comiczone.dk

Comment

Flipbook blurb

I especially liked the part about it the next thrilling installment!!!!-Cindy

"After the critical and sales success of 2006's Lone Ranger debut, 'the Creed' is an excellent sequel and well as a prequel to the next thrilling installment of Dynamite's Lone Ranger series!"

Comment

All I can say is:
        DECODER RING THEATRE
        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Fcbd

Is there a link to that Dynamite reference ?

RANGER 01

Comment

No, it's from the latest Previews catalog.

Bjarne
            www.comiczone.dk

Comment

Despite my objections to #2 and #3, I am really looking forward to the FCBD flip-book. A story based on the Creed is one I can rally around and share with my kids. On top of that, I'm a huge, but often silent, BSG fan. Getting both in one book -- for free, no less -- is like having Christmas in May!

Comment

The info for this book can now be found at Newsarama, along with the rest of the titles for FCBD07. You can also see it on the Official FCBD Website.

'The Creed' should be both a great addition to the origin arc of issues 1-6, and a good introduction to the character for those who did not pick up those issues. The Lone Ranger's character is well illustrated in the words of the Creed. Being the impatient person I am, now I'm just waiting to see Cassaday's cover for the Lone Ranger side of this book (and for #6 for that matter) [EDIT: the cover image is above]. I like Segovia's cover for the BSG side. I'm happy the regular creative team is handling the Lone Ranger side. They seem to have a good handle on the characters and know where they want the series to go, so the FCBD issue should be a good fit with what has been done and what is coming. I can't wait to see what they have in store for the Lone Ranger beyond May.
                Last edited by MadMikeyD; 02-13-2007, 12:10 PM. Reason: added cover image
                DECODER RING THEATRE
                EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Ranger
                  Despite my objections to #2 and #3, I am really looking forward to the FCBD flip-book. A story based on the Creed is one I can rally around and share with my kids. On top of that, I'm a huge, but often silent, BSG fan. Getting both in one book -- for free, no less -- is like having Christmas in May!
                  I said this way back when, but you in particualr sir will be most happy with Creed, I guarantee it...

/joe

Comment

Free Comic Day

Free coimic day is coming up again.
                    any DE offerings? (guess another LR flipbook is too much to hope for.)

Comment

This year Dynamite is doing a Project Superpowers issue.

Originally posted by Free Comic Book Day
                      PROJECT SUPERPOWERS—FCBD 2008 EDITION

by Alex Ross & Jim Krueger

Dynamite Entertainment and Alex Ross unleash Project Superpowers for the 2008 Free Comic Book Day event! In this special FCBD Edition, the creative team of Alex Ross and Jim Krueger present a special tale that connects the threads begun in Project Superpowers #0 and the seven-issue opening story arc of the series! Featuring a new cover by Alex Ross, this special FCBD Edition will not only be an essential release to connect the pieces of the entire Project Superpowers saga, but will act as an excellent entry point for the superhero series to end all superhero series! Plus, special previews of such Dynamite series as The Lone Ranger, Brothers in Arms, and more!

32pgs, FC PI
                      For info on that and the other FCBD offerings, you can visit the Free Comic Book Day website.
                      Last edited by MadMikeyD; 03-20-2008, 01:02 PM.
                      DECODER RING THEATRE
                      EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Working...
                      X