John Bolton illustrating Evil Dead 1!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Bolton illustrating Evil Dead 1!

I just read read that John Bolton is painting an adaptation of the first Evil Dead movie!!!!

is this coming out this year??? Is an Evil Dead 2 adaptation following after???

John Bolton's cover the of Army of Darkness #1 adaptation is still one of the best comic covers of the '90s. I can't wait to see the Evil Dead comic.

will the comic be titled "Evil Dead" or does it have to have the "Army of Darkness" logo on the title???
    Last edited by suckputch; 10-05-2007, 01:10 PM.

Originally posted by suckputch
    I just read read that John Bolton is painting an adaptation of the first Evil Dead movie!!!!

is this coming out this year??? Is an Evil Dead 2 adaptation following after???

John Bolton's cover the of Army of Darkness #1 adaptation is still one of the best comic covers of the '90s. I can't wait to see the Evil Dead comic.

will the comic be titled "Evil Dead" or does it have to have the "Army of Darkness" logo on the title???

Howdy suckputch! That's an... unusual name. Heh heh! Welcome aboard regardless mate! Could you post a link to where you read this material?

Tommy.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

i found it right here:

http://verheiden.blogspot.com/2006/1...ead-comic.html

it says it's slated for late 2007....is this coming from Dynamite?

Comment

John Bolton...wow congrats DE.

He's a fantastic artist.

Comment

Here's the official word from Joe -

Originally posted by Joe Rybandt
          This is not a Dynamite project, our comic book rights cover the Army of
          Darkness film....

/joe

Sorry guys...

Tommy.
          Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

so this is coming from Dark Horse?

Comment

it's definitely coming from Dark Horse this year.

Comment

now that will be something to add to the collection! I am still looking for the AoD TPB which can't be found anywhere in the UK, and i have a large poster version of the John Bolton cover which is fantastic.

im sure he did several posters but im not sure which ones were not done by John, i have the "green sky" poster, and the red/black "arms in air" poster and still seeking a large version of the traditional poster with Ash standing on the wrecked deathcoaster with Sheila clinging onto him.

Comment

Hey J.

I am from Holland and a while ago I found the "AoD" tpb. If you email me, I will look for you.

And this IS exciting news...to have Bolton draw the original (Evil Dead) as well as the biggest (AoD)!!!

I still have to see the AoD-movie but "Evil Dead" was gross and lowbudget and thus cultwise-funny!

Comment

here's an update on the Evil Dead comic adaptation. 3 1/2 issues of artwork are completed so far out of a 4 issue mini series!

http://verheiden.blogspot.com/2007/0...ic-update.html

Comment

I had missed the Army of Darkness adaptation when Dark Horse put it out all those years ago. Having just bought the trade paperback from Dynamite and now seeing the brilliant Bolton paintings, I can't wait for this adaptation.

On a side note, I was really surprised to see the adaptation for AOD contained the story of the original screenplay, including Raimi's original ending. Really fun to see!

Comment

This weekend I bought the DVD so I can finally watch it for my first time!!

Comment

Edited becasue this is not a Dynamite title, thanks!
                          Last edited by JRybandt; 10-16-2007, 10:46 AM.

Comment

still...

I did see the first and the third movie...

but the acting is bad, the SFX are bad, the oneliners are cool but also bad...

why is Campbell such a big star?

Comment

Originally posted by boomvavavoom
                              still...

I did see the first and the third movie...

but the acting is bad, the SFX are bad, the oneliners are cool but also bad...

why is Campbell such a big star?
                              Can you really call Campbell a big star? The general population probably only knows him as "That guy that's in all the Spider-Man movies. No, not the old guy, that other guy." Or maybe they watched Brisco County Jr. I believe he mainly has a cult following among us people who love those films with bad acting, bad SFX, and cool but bad one-liners. He has been unofficially crowned as the king of such films, and we love him for it. I think it one of those "you either love it, or you just don't get it" situations.
                              DECODER RING THEATRE
                              EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
                              PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
                              PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Working...
                              X