Spiderman crosses Sonja!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys -

Osin - I hear you apprehension, and I understand where you are coming from.

I would just suggest you give it a shot - and if you don't like it - the main title books are not going to be effected.

This is not going to be something you have to read in order to follow the more serious regular series.

Its a slightly different angle to entice new fans and enlarge the fan base - and I'm working overtime to make sure its a solid story (which is the most important thing.)

And, at a personal level, it made Stan smile when I told him ; - ) I've been teasing him for months that I finally get to play with his boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke
      I would just suggest you give it a shot - and if you don't like it - the main title books are not going to be effected.

This is not going to be something you have to read in order to follow the more serious regular series.
      Not according to Oeming...

Oeming: “For Red Sonja, you can bet we’re going to see more of the fallout from this story in her own ongoing series.”

Comment

we simply can't make it compusary to read both series - so the main series has to stand on its own.

references, perhaps - but once you actually see the plot to the Sonja/Spidy series you will understand why it is just not possible for the story to have any real effect on Sonja in the main series - Kulan Gath maybe a bit more.

Comment

i just hope Marvel doesn't try to buy out Dynamite Comics.

Please don't let this happen Dynamite!!!!

Marvel did it to Malibu Comics, they'll do it again!

Comment

I realise that continual predictions of Doom-and-Gloom, and The-End-of-Civilisation-As-We-Know-It are habitual reactions among sections of various fanbases (hey - if you run around screaming "The sky is falling! The sky is falling" often enough, maybe one day you'll get lucky, right?). But seriously guys - the complete and total ruination and destruction of an awesome series on account of a crossover? I don't see that happening...

Tommy.
            Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

This will be interesting while slightly confusing.

DE sure is throwing some wierd stuff at us nowadays with all these new announcments.

Comment

I was very confused and upset when I read about this. It kind of takes away all seriousness from the character when you team her up in the modern superhero universe. I'm sure the comic will be well written and drawn, but it just hurts to see Sonja teamed up with Spider-Man (again).

At the risk of being made fun of and insulted by Tommy, I'm sticking with my opinion that this just seems like a bad idea. I'm sure they'll pull it off, and of course I'll buy it anyway, but I don't have to love it just because it's Dynamite. But I won't judge a book by its cover, I'll wait to read the comic before I review it.

And don't get me wrong, I love Spider-Man. I collect a few Spidey titles, and love the character, but this... I don't know.

I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy

But seriously guys - the complete and total ruination and destruction of an awesome series on account of a crossover? I don't see that happening...
                  I think you are talking about the Spider-man series since the other crossover partner series is far from "awesome"...

Comment

I'm going to buy this, and give it a chance. I don't like the idea, but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy reading the comic. But I'm not going to suck up to Dynamite for every idea they get. People are entitled to their opinions.

Unfortunately, some people on this forum seem to think that we aren't allowed to disagree with anything, and feel the need to psychoanalyse and categorize anyone who doesn't bow before the great Dynamite.

Although it's not quite reflected here as much, other comic forums aren't so positive about the idea either. I found this image rather amusing.

Preview image from the upcoming Red Sonja & Spider-Man cross-over.
                    Last edited by Osin; 03-23-2007, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Hahahahahaha

Lmao!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Barbarian
                        I think you are talking about the Spider-man series since the other crossover partner series is far from "awesome"...
                        Nope. Y'got it the wrong way 'round, Barb...

Originally posted by Cammy
                        I was very confused and upset when I read about this. It kind of takes away all seriousness from the character when you team her up in the modern superhero universe. I'm sure the comic will be well written and drawn, but it just hurts to see Sonja teamed up with Spider-Man (again).

At the risk of being made fun of and insulted by Tommy, I'm sticking with my opinion that this just seems like a bad idea. I'm sure they'll pull it off, and of course I'll buy it anyway, but I don't have to love it just because it's Dynamite. But I won't judge a book by its cover, I'll wait to read the comic before I review it.

And don't get me wrong, I love Spider-Man. I collect a few Spidey titles, and love the character, but this... I don't know.

I don't know.
                        Originally posted by Osin
                        I'm going to buy this, and give it a chance. I don't like the idea, but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy reading the comic. But I'm not going to suck up to Dynamite for every idea they get. People are entitled to their opinions.

Unfortunately, some people on this forum seem to think that we aren't allowed to disagree with anything, and feel the need to psychoanalyse and categorize anyone who doesn't bow before the great Dynamite.

Although it's not quite reflected here as much, other comic forums aren't so positive about the idea either. I found this image rather amusing.

Of course people are entitled to their opinions. As far as I can tell, nobody here is questioning that entitlement. I'm certainly happy enough to poke some harmless fun at an opinion which is expressed in such sensationalist terms as those seen from time to time on these forums. Absolutely. The artists and writers producing the comics we discuss here are brave enough to march their works out onto the blood-soaked sands of the public arena, only to weather all kinds of abuse from fans - many of whom squeal in fright and indignation when their abuse is ridiculed. The irony of this is never lost on me.

But as far as the idea of any and all disagreement being "Verboten!", that's slinging the old manure a bit far. I stand by my record...

No-one's expecting a suck-job, and that's not what we're seeing here in any case.

Tommy.
                        Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Originally posted by Osin

Preview image from the upcoming Red Sonja & Spider-Man cross-over.

Very funny!

Comment

This really isn't to my taste either.

I buy sonja becaue I like the old sword and sorcery stuff. The spiderman team up in a modern day NY invaded by an Atlantean sorcerer just seems really incongruous.

I don't really object to them doing it per se. It does have deep roots in the comics history and I'm sure will appeal to people who like the trippy '60's style stories. The thing I really sad about is Rubi's been taken off the continuing series for this! I'd much rather have him draw sonja going up against gath in ancient sorcery ridden lands. The other thing I worry about is the hints that this will effect the continuing series. I can take it if it's sealed off from all that, but I wouldn't want it contaminating the rest of the saga. It'd ruin the carefully developed atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolai
                              I buy sonja becaue I like the old sword and sorcery stuff. The spiderman team up in a modern day NY invaded by an Atlantean sorcerer just seems really incongruous.
                              It actually sounds good when you put it like that.

The thing I really sad about is Rubi's been taken off the continuing series for this! I'd much rather have him draw sonja going up against gath in ancient sorcery ridden lands.
                              Homs is doing well, I think.

The other thing I worry about is the hints that this will effect the continuing series. I can take it if it's sealed off from all that, but I wouldn't want it contaminating the rest of the saga. It'd ruin the carefully developed atmosphere.
                              I'm not a huge Sonja fan, so maybe I'm not the one to say this, but have a little faith. They aren't going to have Sonja in the future saying, "Oh no!!! I've completely lost my confidence, self-reliance and sword-arm! Where is Spider-Man to SAVE ME?! AIEEEE!" Or have the gal musing, "The way the red and blue clad spider warrior's webs wrap up our foes with nary a splatter of blood! Verily, I say, I am indeed no match for him. As fate would have it, I am a gorgeous red head, like his current mate, so there is hope that if I best her, he might have me in her stead!"

The regular Sonja writer and artist are spearheading the project. Haven't they earned a little trust by this point. If it doesn't work, they will ignore it, like all other comics do.

Comment

Sonja/Spider-Man Team-Up

Puh-leese don't (oops too late).

What is behind this ....Sonja seems to doing very well...Spider-Man has so many incarnations going on that I've dropped the title completely.

Army and Zombies I get, but a RS/SM team-up has got to be simply for profit, I'm also worried about DE but getting TOO DEEP into Marvel's bullpen, it spells disaster (YOMV).

I do not need to be reminded that PROFIT is really the name of the game.

To sum up my thoughts on this team-up (sorry Ted wherever you are)

I would not could not buy this book, I would not could not even look.
                                I would not could not buy such trash, I would not could not waste my cash.

Bring on Zorro!

Ranger01

Comment

Working...
                                X