Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping Dates on Dynamite's Page are always about 3 months off...why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Dates on Dynamite's Page are always about 3 months off...why?

Just wondering why the release dates for the Dynamite books (on their own webpage, no less) seem to be about 2-3 months off the actual dates.

Now I mainly only pay attention to the Army of Darkness and Battlestar Galactica books, but I've noticed this trend pretty much across the board in terms of Dynamites web-page, and was just wondering why this is? For instance, Battlestar Galactica #8 is listed on your site as shipping in February, 2007...well we're almost into April, and it obviously hasn't shipped (in fact, BG #7 shipped only a couple weeks ago, if I'm not mistaken). This means that BG #8, which was listed as being released in February, won't be out until April, possibly May. Why?

Is it a mistake with a site calender, or what? You guys can't be that off on your expectations, expecially not after this long (this late dating has been going on for at least a year, ever since I started coming to the site).

As a company trying to market your products to the public, wouldn't it make more sense to list a reliable (or close to reliable...not 2-3 months off) shipping date, so the consumers know exactly (or around) when their favorite title will be released?

And I know all about Diamond's shipping lists in terms of actual release dates, but thats not my point. Point is, if a comic is going to be released in May, 2007, it should read that way on the site.

My guess on this is they are not telling US when the comic will be released but may be telling the Distributors when it will be released to them. If that's not the case then I have no idea what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by DIrishB
      Just wondering why the release dates for the Dynamite books (on their own webpage, no less) seem to be about 2-3 months off the actual dates.

As a company trying to market your products to the public, wouldn't it make more sense to list a reliable (or close to reliable...not 2-3 months off) shipping date, so the consumers know exactly (or around) when their favorite title will be released?
      Dynamite is probably a smaller comics company. Getting the product produced and out is probably the priority for them over providing updates saying that, "well, it still isn't ready," and then missing yet another estimated date that they might give, which would only anger people more.

The dates you mention are probably the month for when the product was solicited. That wouldn't actually change, even if it was late.

Late comics are touchy subject for most comics publishers. They pretty much try not to draw attention to it by not mentioning it too much.

I'm not defending late comics and not keeping the fans informed by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by DIrishB

Now I mainly only pay attention to the Army of Darkness and Battlestar Galactica books, but I've noticed this trend pretty much across the board in terms of Dynamites web-page, and was just wondering why this is? For instance, Battlestar Galactica #8 is listed on your site as shipping in February, 2007...well we're almost into April, and it obviously hasn't shipped (in fact, BG #7 shipped only a couple weeks ago, if I'm not mistaken). This means that BG #8, which was listed as being released in February, won't be out until April, possibly May. Why?

Is it a mistake with a site calender, or what? You guys can't be that off on your expectations, expecially not after this long (this late dating has been going on for at least a year, ever since I started coming to the site).

And I know all about Diamond's shipping lists in terms of actual release dates, but thats not my point. Point is, if a comic is going to be released in May, 2007, it should read that way on the site.

I've actually wondered about this myself, Irish. You'll find that the news releases posted here on the forums and elsewhere on this site will (to the best of my knowledge) have more or less accurate dates supplied. As far as I know dates were to have been updated in the online store a while back. I'll see if I can find out what is being planned.

Tommy.
        Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Here's the official word from Joe -

Originally posted by Joe Rybandt
          Those dates get set at time of solicitation and then need to be manually updated when things go off-schedule, it's an ongoing concern, and I'm asking our webmaster to bring all dates forward for any product/titles not shipped.

As for why comics are late, that's based on individual titles and can be related to approvals, artist delay's, print delay's, etc.

/joe

Hope that helps, guys!

Tommy.
          Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Cool, thanks for all the info. I kind of figured it was something like that, as I wasn't complaining about the comics shipping late so much as just the late scheduling. BSG has been on time pretty much every month, so no complaints from me there! And every month, I'll keep buying it, because Pak (on BSG ongoing) and Jerwa (on BSG-Zarek) are so far doing a wonderful job expanding the BSG universe into comics. Dynamite has got a fan in me.

Comment

Working...
            X